Hey folks,

Looking at getting a new phone and am torn between the Storm and Omnia. I know that there was a lot of hype surrounding the storm and also a lot of bugs on the initial roll out. Has RIMM worked these bugs out or are there still issues?

Thanks,

Dave
    01-02-09 10:21 AM
    get toe storm yes it has bugs but its new they are getting fixed and btw have you ever used a WMO phone?
    01-02-09 10:24 AM
    There are several threads posted (mainly the stickies in the OS discussions) that you can peruse.
    01-02-09 10:24 AM
    All of the verizon stores around have a working demo where I live. Go to the store and check one out for yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 10:27 AM
    Storm is way better. BB is more solid.

Have you ever used a WM phone? You'll like it for a week then hate it. Windows Mobile is terrible. Of course right now there is a lot more apps/programs available for a WM phone, but thats because the storm is still developing as a whole. WMO phones blow, you'll find that out, coming from a person who has had 3 straight WMO phones and hated each one after a week and am finally satisfied with my Storm.

GL, don't pick the omnia, go with the storm.
    01-02-09 10:57 AM
    Go with the Storm bro. Its a really good phone. Althought I wouldnt call smartphones a phone lol. I do more with it otherwise then actually talk on it. Please keep in mind that the OS verizon .75 that comes shipped on it already is pretty dependable. I havent had any problems with it. Althought some ppl try for the PERFECT device. You wont get anything So perfect because everyones opinon on whats PERFECT differs. Hope you come with us brother. Crackberry.com your New ADDICTION!
    01-02-09 11:43 AM
    My friends storm made on 12/23 has dust in the screen problem. So not all quality bugs are gone yet.
    I had tp replace one due to bad screen and another because of a bad button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 12:22 PM
    The Storm has had its issues but the good news - they're being adressed one OS update and a time and things are constantly improving. STAY away from WMO - you'll hate it.
    01-02-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD