Found a bug in the 5.0.0.320 OS. The message waiting indicator continues to blink after receiving a message. There are times that the ringtones keep going after you have acknowledged and read the message. Doesn't happen all the time and I know that RIM has had this issue with previous OS builds.

I will add bugs as I find them:
    Composing and email where you type the email address in the to field(not selecting it out of your contact list) the phone will not let you send the email. You have to save the draft then reopen the email, retype the address and then it will send.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 10-30-09 at 12:32 AM.
    10-29-09 09:45 PM
    what about the dimming of the screen in landscape mode. That is kinda weird
    10-29-09 11:07 PM
    I have yet to experience that.
    10-30-09 12:11 AM
    I haven't had the issue with the email not being able to send if you type it in yourself. Are you sure you aren't typing any spaces in the email?
    10-30-09 12:34 AM
    I have yet to experience that.
    It's pretty damn ga*.

One thing I'm having trouble with. When I'm editing a contacts birthdate, for example my parents, the oldest year that I can choose is 1959 -- wtf is that about?
    10-30-09 12:37 AM
    I haven't had the issue with the email not being able to send if you type it in yourself. Are you sure you aren't typing any spaces in the email?
    Positive, this isn't the first time I have seen this bug. I think the engineers at RIM do this for job security.
    10-30-09 12:37 AM
    It's pretty damn ga*.

One thing I'm having trouble with. When I'm editing a contacts birthdate, for example my parents, the oldest year that I can choose is 1959 -- wtf is that about?
    Though that isn't really a bug as much as it is a limitation that the designer put in there. I agree it is ********.
    10-30-09 12:40 AM
    Yeah I suppose, but it is definitely does not go unnoticed.
    10-30-09 12:48 AM
    I don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but when you go into Media and then into your music files, if you use the keyboard to type a few letters and search for an artist and then play a song, when the song is finished and you go back into the list of artists, you no longer have the option to show keyboard. You have to exit all the way out and then back in to be able to re-enable that feature.
    10-30-09 12:50 AM
    the dimming is not a bug just like on on the storm one. My storm 1 and storm 2 both do it in the same lighting conditions.
    10-30-09 12:52 AM
    The dimming feature is very annoying. I have experienced it on my Curve/Tour/Storm2. Sometimes it will dim even though I haven't moved from the same spot (so the light sensor shouldn't be picking up a different reading) and it will take several seconds before the screen comes on full brightness again.
    10-30-09 12:54 AM
    Does anybody else get prompted about the Global options every time they do a soft reset? I am thinking of just taking the SIM out.
    10-30-09 12:56 AM
    More so an annoyance, but if you're in the full menu of icons and are somewhere near the bottom, and you click into one of them, and close it out, SOMETIMES (maybe it depends on which icon you choose) when you go back to the full menu, it will spring all the way to the top, leaving you to scroll back down to the area you were originally in. Has anyone noticed this?
    10-30-09 12:58 AM
    the dimming is not a bug just like on on the storm one. My storm 1 and storm 2 both do it in the same lighting conditions.
    How is the dimming not a bug? I have it set to off. It stays bright in portrait, turn it to landscape and it goes dark. No matter if you have it set to do so or not. That my friend is a bug. Especially when you put it back in portrait, then back to landscape and it then stays bright until the display goes out completely then it resets again.

This did NOT happen in 4.7.
    10-30-09 01:00 AM
    Yeah I was reading old threads in storm forum about this, it has been happening since Jan. 09. on all the 5.0 beta leaks. it is really a pain especially when watching a movie or something like that.
    10-30-09 01:21 AM
    I guess the reason I don't notice the dimming issue is because I use my dimming for battery conservation.
    10-30-09 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD