Since I have upgraded to 148, I noticed that the message icon has the red and white astrisk on while in portrait mode but not in landscape. All messages have been cleared out but the icon still reverts to the on with astrisk.

Anyone have this problem?
    05-22-09 11:27 AM
    its been a bug since 65
    05-22-09 11:31 AM
    I havent noticed this. But i have been rockin the sketch theme from mobihand since day 2
    05-22-09 11:42 AM
    I'd put money on your icon arrangement being something other than default (4x4 for example). It's a known bug. Change it back to default and all will be good.

Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Grid Layout > Default
    05-22-09 11:47 AM
    That has happen to me a few times while running hidden today on .122 os hasn't happen yet with .148...all i do is a battery pull...
    05-22-09 11:48 AM
    I'd put money on your icon arrangement being something other than default (4x4 for example). It's a known bug. Change it back to default and all will be good.

Options > Advanced Options > Accessibility > Grid Layout > Default
    +1...it's been noted several times. Switch back to the default grid layout and the new message alerts function correctly.
    05-22-09 11:55 AM
    The grid was it.

I really did like the 4x4 grid but that icon was annoying.

Thanks again,

Rob

By the way, can anyone confirm this on 141. I had 141 for the longest time and did not notice this bug.
    Last edited by rcustomrods; 05-22-09 at 12:01 PM.
    05-22-09 11:56 AM
    The grid was it.

I really did like the 4x4 grid but that icon was annoying.

Thanks again,

Rob

By the way, can anyone confirm this on 141. I had 141 for the longest time and did not notice this bug.
    No prob!

Yeah, I liked 4x4 too, but it was more annoying to have the unread messages icons all the time. Also, it actually sped up my phone when I went back to default. It was taking like 4 seconds to open folders, now it's fast!

I can't confirm .141, but I do know that it randomly started happening one day after I ran a backup with DM while on .75. I think something must trigger it cause I was fine for months before that.
    05-22-09 12:01 PM
    FOr some unexplained reason this problem fixed itself, knock on wood.

I switched back to the 4x4 grid to compare speed, no difference but the annoying message icon works properly. I wish I could tell you that I did something but I did nothing to fix this.

Hope it lasts.

Thanks All
    05-22-09 02:17 PM
    I havent noticed this. But i have been rockin the sketch theme from mobihand since day 2
    how is the sketch theme? does it run fast? no leaks?
    05-22-09 02:21 PM
    that bug isnt on the .132>.141 versions but if you put it back to default it should be ok.
    05-22-09 02:30 PM
    i had it at first, but it was only there the first hour i had .148. now when i even open the messages folder, if i read the actual message or not, the red asterisk goes away. i'll still have the envelope icon on the top indicating i have an unread message, but no red asterisks...
    05-22-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD