I had a rough go of it the first 2 days that I owned my Storm, which I bought all of 6 days ago. Thought I'd share. Maybe this will help others.

Day 1: Out of the box, pulled off the 'decal' on the lower screen and was upset that it caused a weird 'bubble' in the screen. Couldn't understand how that could happen... almost brought it back. Two hours later, dropped the Storm, and it slid face down across the wood floor. Ended up with two surface 'scratches' across the screen.
    Day 2: Decided to put on the screen protector that I bought at the same time as the phone. Was sorry that I didn't do it as soon as I bought it. BUT...I had to lift up the screen protector and reposition it...resulting in 2 more 'screen bubbles.' At this point, I was absolutely sick. I told my husband that we needed to go back to the Verizon store because the screen was defective.
    Mysteriously, the bubbles worked themselves out by morning! Strange.
    Day 3: Did some searching on the Crackberry Storm forum.

WHY DON'T THE VERIZON STORE PEOPLE TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THE STORM SHIPS WITH A THIN PLASTIC "SCREEN PROTECTOR"??????
    03-27-09 07:54 PM
    Man, that was a rough few days huh?

FYI, most electronics with screens ship with screen protectors, if not all of them. I mean, thats where the bubbles were coming from...they dont form under glass....
    03-27-09 07:57 PM
    Lol Some Storms have been known to have 2 or 3 screen protectors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 09:52 PM
    I had a rough go of it the first 2 days that I owned my Storm, which I bought all of 6 days ago. Thought I'd share. Maybe this will help others.

Day 1: Out of the box, pulled off the 'decal' on the lower screen and was upset that it caused a weird 'bubble' in the screen. Couldn't understand how that could happen... almost brought it back. Two hours later, dropped the Storm, and it slid face down across the wood floor. Ended up with two surface 'scratches' across the screen.
    Day 2: Decided to put on the screen protector that I bought at the same time as the phone. Was sorry that I didn't do it as soon as I bought it. BUT...I had to lift up the screen protector and reposition it...resulting in 2 more 'screen bubbles.' At this point, I was absolutely sick. I told my husband that we needed to go back to the Verizon store because the screen was defective.
    Mysteriously, the bubbles worked themselves out by morning! Strange.
    Day 3: Did some searching on the Crackberry Storm forum.

WHY DON'T THE VERIZON STORE PEOPLE TELL THEIR CUSTOMERS THAT THE STORM SHIPS WITH A THIN PLASTIC "SCREEN PROTECTOR"??????
    Because then they can sell their protectors.
    03-27-09 09:56 PM
    I left mine on for almost two weeks, didn't even know it was there until I read it on Crackberry
    03-27-09 10:00 PM
    LOL thats rough! But I did the same thing. I bought mine at the end of Dec. and went to take the decals off and just looked at the screen and said, "WTF!!! I already scratched the screen!?!?!" After I calmed down I realized that all I scratched was the screen protector and I was a happy person again.
    03-27-09 10:04 PM
    I'm a tech support rep, and I have to stifle a chuckle when people tell me their storm has bubbles on the screen and/or scratches.
    03-27-09 10:11 PM
    hahah!! i have to admit when i first started reading i was judging you in my head..but then as i read moreand i wondered if i myself had missed the original screen protector....I owe you an apology! haha!! And i scratched mine on the first day too!
    03-27-09 10:21 PM
    Damn, I was getting ready to cut you one, until I read this part.... lol

03-27-09 10:36 PM
    HAHAHA you got me til the last part...

Here's one for ya...I had a guy came into the vzw store and said to me " hey man, there's some weird discoloration and bunch of scratches on my Storm screen. I just got it about two hours ago." I told him that the scratches are on the screen protector and that weird color is probably from oil or something cause by touching on the screen.
    He goes on arguing that he didn't have a screen protector on there. I told him that the Storms are shipped with a screen protector on it. So then I go and peel it off to show him and then he goes..Eh man..why you peel off my screen protector for?
    Last edited by JupiterJazz; 03-27-09 at 11:26 PM.
    03-27-09 11:24 PM
    I had a guy came into the vzw store and said to me " hey man, there's some weird discoloration and bunch of scratches on my Storm screen. I just got it about two hours ago." I told him that the scratches are on the screen protector and that weird color is probably from oil or something cause by touching on the screen.
    He goes on arguing that he didn't have a screen protector on there. I told him that the Storms are shipped with a screen protector on it. So then I go and peel it off to show him and then he goes..Eh man..why you peel off my screen protector for?
    ROFL. What a moron.
    03-27-09 11:25 PM
    I Had The Same Problem Bubble On My 8130 Turned Out There Was A Screen Cover Behind The Lens Cover Just Took The Sticker Off Solved My Issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD