Hi everyone,

New to the land of BB - I wonder how I ever got by before!

Anywho, does anyone know if there is a BT headset that has the same charger as the storm? I travel a lot for work, and the last thing I want is to carry another friggin cord.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I truly did try to look before posting. Thanks!
    11-25-08 01:06 PM
    The type of charger is a Micro USB and it is a very standard type of port. I can't think of any Bluetooth headsets off the top of my head that use this type of port. I personally use a 1st generation Jawbone. I'd look at some Motorola products, but I know their more expensive models have these little charging cradles that I'm not a big fan of.

I'm sure several exist out there, hopefully other crackberry users have some recommendations.
    11-25-08 01:11 PM
    Try the H15 from Motorola. Brand new with noice cancellation. Uses a micro and I actually prefer the fit to Jawbone.
    11-25-08 01:14 PM
    Ya I also got a moto I think the 695? Great and uses the same charger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 01:17 PM
    I bought this one and its great....

http://shop.crackberry.com/plantronics-discovery-925-bluetooth-headset/9A32A3715.htm

Very Clear. Dont buy from VZW or Best Buy. They both have it for 129.99.
    11-25-08 01:19 PM
    I got a Plantronics Explorer 360 free from Best Buy with the phone, it's not bad and has the same charging port.

Now I'm trying to find a way to have one charger that plugs into both my phone and my headset simultaneously....!
    11-25-08 01:35 PM
    I have a jabra bt8040, I am pretty sure it uses micro
    11-25-08 02:11 PM
    just a heads up, the blackberry charger puts out 5V and 700mA which is 22% more than the standard Motorolla charger I have for my bluetooth (5V and 550mA) and I have noticed if I try to charge my bluetooth on the blackberry charger it won't charge. but most bluetooth headsets will charge with just a transfer USB cable from a computer. If you take your laptop with you, you could just bring the one USB cable (or two) and charge your blackberry and your bluetooth at the same time. Desktop manger actually ups the power going to the blackberry USB port to charge it correctly. That way you won't have to bring ANY chargers.
    11-25-08 02:23 PM
    Plantronics BT headsets has the same Micro USB charger as the Storm. Very convenient!
    11-25-08 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD