hey um I can't find my usb cable and I was going to try out the blutooth connection but it cant find my laptop. *about every 20 tries when im not trying to find it it says it finds it.. and asks for a passkey which i didnt set up w/ this phone.

So like any good tips on getting either laptop or storm to find each other?
    I had a WM phone which set up a BT connection perfectly before and Im not sure whats wrong.

Laptop- BT is enabled
    Storm- BT enabled and doesn't shut off after 2min each searches and can't find anything-Listen doesn't help either.
    01-14-09 02:14 AM
    The storm is asking you to set a password for the connection. Put in 4 zeros or whatever you want. Your computer should then ask for the same password

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 05:41 AM
    any tips on how to get it to recognize my laptop w.o having to blindly connect massive amounts of times?

Maybe a special BB app? Because its the storm having issues and not the other way around since I have recently been able to use and see many BT devices w/o any conflicts on my laptop
    01-14-09 09:25 AM
    I would bet my life you're doing something wrong.

Set your laptop to discoverable, then search for new devices from your BB. When the laptop is found you will have to enter a passkey on BOTH devices to allow them to be paired. This is not something you do in BT settings on the BB like you thought. It's done on the fly at the time of pairing.
    01-14-09 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD