Only owned my BlackBerry Storm for 3 weeks...total newbie here...never owned a blackberry before. I have no idea what to do.

It worked great for 2 weeks, then I downloaded Vlingo. Huge mistake. Didn't work right and then I realized too late it isn't for the Storm (yet). I deleted the app and thought I was all set, but it must have made some changes to the browser settings. Now, it takes FOREVER to load a web page. I mean FOREVER...the screen will go black before a page loads. I need help! How can I get my browser settings back to the defaults? I am assuming it was the Vlingo install that messed it up. I could be wrong about that. Emails and facebook alerts are still getting through fine...it's just the browser trying to load a page that is not working.

Linda
    03-19-09 08:22 AM
    i heard that bolt browser is a great browser. I am going to download right now.
    03-19-09 08:35 AM
    goto w w w .boltbrowser.com I would search it here in the search part. they say good stuff.
    03-19-09 08:37 AM
    Only owned my BlackBerry Storm for 3 weeks...total newbie here...never owned a blackberry before. I have no idea what to do.

It worked great for 2 weeks, then I downloaded Vlingo. Huge mistake. Didn't work right and then I realized too late it isn't for the Storm (yet). I deleted the app and thought I was all set, but it must have made some changes to the browser settings. Now, it takes FOREVER to load a web page. I mean FOREVER...the screen will go black before a page loads. I need help! How can I get my browser settings back to the defaults? I am assuming it was the Vlingo install that messed it up. I could be wrong about that. Emails and facebook alerts are still getting through fine...it's just the browser trying to load a page that is not working.

Linda
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Does it say 1EXEV in the top corner? 1X? 1x? 1exev?

At any rate, a battery pull should fix it.
    03-19-09 08:38 AM
    My browser worked great until I upgraded to .109. Now everything else works great but the browser is slow. I don't what gives.
    03-19-09 08:39 AM
    Opera mini will solve your problems!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 08:40 AM
    Nope, didn't try battery pull yet. Will try that and hope it fixes.

If it keeps up, I'll have to try another brower, I think. Since I'm so new to this, I didn't even realize ther were other browsers that I could use. It just irritates me that it worked fine until I downloaded that stupid vlingo.

Thanks for all the replies! You guys rock!

Linda
    03-19-09 08:42 AM
    Opera mini all the way but I'll go check out Bolt now
    03-19-09 08:45 AM
    Vlingo works fine for me. Version 2.1.0. for OS 4.6 or 4.7.
    03-19-09 08:51 AM
    Not sure if its the browser or the network. Were in Florida right now and its slower than ****. Back home I get speeds of 450-768k all the time. Here I'm lucky to get 100k if that.

03-19-09 08:53 AM
    Battery pull did it! It is screamin' fast again. You are all awesome. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself...just having a DUH moment, I guess.
    03-19-09 08:56 AM
    Battery pull did it! It is screamin' fast again. You are all awesome. I don't know why I didn't think of that myself...just having a DUH moment, I guess.
    sometimes when your phone memory is running low your phone will be slower. by doing a battry pull you reset the phone and the memory which would make the phone fast again. You might have some sort of memory leak on your phone that overtime it drains your memory which makes your phone slow until you do a battery pull again
    03-19-09 09:06 AM
    Just count on pulling the battery every day...forever.
    03-19-09 09:13 AM
    I'm glad it worked out for you.

Now I'll add my .02 along with the others and suggest Opera Mini. Do some searching on the way it works and the differences with the BB browser. It might be frustrating at first with not having to "click" but you'll get used to it. Opera Mini will show you "screamin' fast."
    03-19-09 09:32 AM
    When my browser gets slow I do a BB then works just fine

03-19-09 10:00 AM
    Bolt works super fast, but is not necessarily made for the storm. It does things like, when you go to "click" the screen, you realize that you don't have to click, just touch the screen....only in Bolt, I mean.

Opera mini is great too.

Another great idea is to get the Quickpull app from the Crackberry store that's free. You can schedule it to do a simulated "battery pull" while you're sleeping and you will notice a huge difference in performance.
    03-19-09 10:01 AM
    I noticed randomly when i tried to connect to the internet on my storm that it changed browser in some way which shows full web pages.

I mean when i just had my storm up until last week it only showed a brief low key version of my bebo page and now it shows the full thing which takes ages to load bc of the amount of stuff it has to load.

it also gave me the option of choosing a sort of connection type - fast or slow saying things might not load properly on the fast setting. it was quite wierd.
    03-19-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD