I just got my first Blackberry, a Storm 9530. I will have to say that I am very disappointed with the browser speed. If I go to a news website, not only does it take forever to load up, but then clicking and actually getting a news story to come up within a reasonable amount of time is not happening. Is this normal with Blackberries? I have a wireless air card with the same service provider and I can access the Internet at blazing speed from my laptop.
    03-10-09 06:50 PM
    Try setting the browser coniguration to Blackberry instead of interent explorer or firefox just in case you have it set to either of those. If it is set to Blackberry then the websites will load mobile versions which load alot faster without all the pictures and images which slow down loading speeds. I also set mine to column view instead of page view which also helps viewing and scrolling. Give it a try and i hope it helps...
    03-10-09 06:54 PM
    I asked this question too about a week ago... I actually went to Verizon to get the faster speed, and found that even though the data speed counter showed i was DL'ing at about 600k, I really couldn't tell that much between that and my storm that I am using on AT&T with the edge connection at about 160K. very disappointed!
    03-10-09 07:31 PM
    I just got my first Blackberry, a Storm 9530. I will have to say that I am very disappointed with the browser speed. If I go to a news website, not only does it take forever to load up, but then clicking and actually getting a news story to come up within a reasonable amount of time is not happening. Is this normal with Blackberries? I have a wireless air card with the same service provider and I can access the Internet at blazing speed from my laptop.
    The unofficial OS leaks have fixed the slow native browser issue. I think it would be worth your while to visit the OS forum and get yourself .109 after which you'll be amazed by the browser's speed.

Or...you can try Opera...which is extremely fast on the installed OS
    03-10-09 07:34 PM
    +1 Opera Mini. 10x faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 07:46 PM
    I have .109 and saw no speed improvement in the stock browser?

Get Opera and figure it out, it is not the right one for storm yet but I hope they get it figured out soon.
    03-10-09 07:55 PM
    On my Blackberry I have version 4.7.0.75. Is that considered the native browser version?
    03-10-09 08:47 PM
    BB browser needs alot of catching up to do to be on par with Operamini.

GET OPERAMINI!!!
    03-10-09 08:50 PM
    4.7.0.75 is the OS (operating system) the native browser is the internet icon you click on when you want to surf the web. There are different browsers you can load onto your phone such as Opera which some people use instead of the native browser that the phone comes with. Good luck...
    03-10-09 08:52 PM
    Opera mini is the way to go, so fast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 08:59 PM
    Thanks for all of the replies. I must admit that I have no idea of what anyone is talking about with the "operas". I just went into a store and upgraded from a simple flip open cell phone to a Blackberry this past Friday, and am just getting used to the features. Being able to get my email is really a plus because I don't have to drag out my laptop and air card.

Is there a way to load this "opera software" easily, and will my service provider still support my warranty if I were to do so?
    03-10-09 09:08 PM
    Download a news viewing app...

My website seems to load fast, no complaints yet. You can get a news app there.
    Untitled document (visit it on your storm)
    03-10-09 09:16 PM
    I have .109 and saw no speed improvement in the stock browser?

Get Opera and figure it out, it is not the right one for storm yet but I hope they get it figured out soon.
    I saw a major browser speed improvement from .75 to .109... Opera is a good browser but has a learning curve and does not always render mobile optimized pages correctly.
    03-10-09 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD