I have had a storm 2 for over a week and the browser seems to be very slow like anywhere from 1 minute to 4 minutes to render a mobile web site like fox news or crackberry. And the speed is the same on both 3g and wifi. I have spoken to tech support and RIM and still no luck. I guess I am asking is this normal for this device or is mine defective!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 11:20 AM
    I have had a storm 2 for over a week and the browser seems to be very slow like anywhere from 1 minute to 4 minutes to render a mobile web site like fox news or crackberry. And the speed is the same on both 3g and wifi. I have spoken to tech support and RIM and still no luck. I guess I am asking is this normal for this device or is mine defective!

both sites are VERY slow. Crackberry is often super slow on my home pc. other times, it's so-so. (btw, I gave up bringing up fox news channel, after waiting 70 seconds)
    06-18-10 11:29 AM
    It happens to me on all sites 90 percent of the time and they are mostly mobile sites not fill html sites.

06-18-10 11:36 AM
    When the page is trying to load, at the bottom does it say Requesting or Loading?
    06-18-10 11:43 AM
    It says requesting for a long time before it loads.

06-18-10 12:23 PM
    My native browser is no where near that slow. Its not lightening fast by any means but all my pages load in well under a minute and usually under 30 seconds. The only exception is CB full site. Its always slow, but the mobile site is very quick.

06-18-10 12:24 PM
    Use Opera Mini. It's way faster than the BB browser.
    I'm on of those using OS .713 on my S2; one of the "glitches" I'm having is the BB browser is loading at about the same speed. On my device the native browser speed is improved, and OM5 is being... troublesome.

Even though it's not so good at page rendering, I find it better for typing in forums (text entry is the fastest I've seen on the few browers I've tried.
    Text entry with OM5 on my S2 is a PITA. I click on the text entry box and it pops out in order to type; that's not so bad. Getting back outside the box is the problem, there's nowhere to touch and OM disables the "hide keyboard" swipe action along with the normal BB menu, so I have to click the back button, wait for the page to reload, scroll to post reply, and wait for the page to load again. Half the time I'll then get a blank page and need to close that tab.
    Wasn't always like that though; I still use it and keep it installed in the hopes that Opera and/or the next OS update/hybrid will un-break it and I can use it as easily as I used to. When I first installed it it was far faster than the BB browser, and my only annoyance was that SurePress was disabled.
    06-18-10 12:44 PM

That seems slow especially for mobile sites. Maybe the phone has a radio problem. My native browser rips thru the mobile sites. Its the full sites what really slow it down.

06-19-10 07:38 AM
    I downloaded opera mini wow what a difference!

06-19-10 09:59 AM
    My native browser is no where near that slow. Its not lightening fast by any means but all my pages load in well under a minute and usually under 30 seconds. The only exception is CB full site. Its always slow, but the mobile site is very quick.

Concur with this....I never had a problem loading web pages in under 30 seconds on my native browser. Try turning of your javscript...that helped speed mine up a little.

06-19-10 10:51 AM
    I actually take what I said back. Text entry is fast when my Droid is overclocked and the browser renders pages just like a PC. I deleted OM. It needs lots of improvement. But it is a good browser for BB users looking for full web page browsing.
    06-20-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD