How do i change back to the blackberry browser?
    01-15-09 06:10 PM
    in your browser, go to options, general properties, default browser
    01-15-09 06:13 PM
    only option it has the is"internet browser" and i need to use blackberry browser in order to get "thestreet" to download
    01-15-09 06:16 PM
    Browser > Browser configuration > Browser identification > Blackberry
    01-15-09 06:20 PM
    ok i did that now how do i know for sure that is the browser that i am using when i open the browser?
    01-15-09 06:31 PM
    The only difference between the blackberry browser and the internet browser is what internet server you are using. bb is BES and internet browser is for everyone else. Just change your identification to blackberry browser.
    01-15-09 06:31 PM
    ok i did that now how do i know for sure that is the browser that i am using when i open the browser?
    Go to yahoo.com and see if it switches to the mobile page or takes you to the normal page. Same thing with ESPN
    01-15-09 06:32 PM
    Just FYI, unless you are using a 3rd party browser like Opera Mini, you are always using the BB browser. The only thing you changed is what your browser is telling the sites you visit.

You may need to clear out your cookies before returning to the site after you change the identification back, or it may still retain the same view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 07:20 PM
    Just FYI, unless you are using a 3rd party browser like Opera Mini, you are always using the BB browser. The only thing you changed is what your browser is telling the sites you visit.

You may need to clear out your cookies before returning to the site after you change the identification back, or it may still retain the same view.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

thats not what he is talking about.

if you are on BES, you have a blackberry browser that uses your BES MDS-CS and you ar using your company servers as your proxy.

You also have an internet browser that uses BIS-B (your carrier's servers) as a proxy.

I go to a site that tells me my ip. when i make the change i check this site to make sure its no longer my company ip that comes up. i do this because changing this seems to be a roll of the dice. i follow the sam procedure but sometimes it works and i switch and somtims its doesnt.
    01-15-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD