My friend just got a 8900, it's a nice looking phone. Anyway:

8900 - Wi-fi on my schools network (Rutgers)

9530 - Verizon 3g power

Website - Welcome to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey

Result? The storm's browser completely trashed the 8900 in loading the page. Of course, the 8900 was just released so the browser might have some kinks. It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. The good kind.
    02-12-09 10:16 PM
    Sweet glad to hear since I just bought my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:25 PM
    Yea the browser is pretty good. I'm liking it more and more.
    02-12-09 10:32 PM
    way better than the pickle race down the window like on billy madison...i'd like to know if there is a connection speed mobile page to get upload/download speeds? tethering isn't the same connection as when your browsing directly on your phone so BBA connect wouldn't really answer that directly.
    02-12-09 11:05 PM
    I like this one:

testmyiphone. com / speedtest

My buddy had a iphone and he wanted to do a speed test. I think he was a little sad when my phone was faster than his. We tried going to dslreports/mspeed but I would get an error because the biggest file they have is 1 meg and my storm was too fast.. lol.

Sorry about the link, thats the only way I can post it.
    02-13-09 01:12 AM
    I like this one:

testmyiphone. com / speedtest

My buddy had a iphone and he wanted to do a speed test. I think he was a little sad when my phone was faster than his. We tried going to dslreports/mspeed but I would get an error because the biggest file they have is 1 meg and my storm was too fast.. lol.

Sorry about the link, thats the only way I can post it.
    LOL...it says my connection is 2.7x faster than EDGE......hahahahahahahaha...is that even physically possible?

02-13-09 01:31 AM
    My buddy has an iphone and we race all of the time when it comes to surfing the net. He has never won. He blames it on his weak signal. The funny thing is there are about 20 AT&T stores around and no Verizon.

02-13-09 06:13 AM
    In my case it is not a clean nor fair comparison however personally it has made my stock checking/trading much more of a joy. I find my Storm soooo much faster that my HTC S621. No realistic comparison other than night and day. I realize I am comparing Mobile Windows on the Unicel network to my Storm but when I moved up I certainly counted on many features being improved and haven't been disappointed overall.
    Steve
    02-13-09 06:18 AM
    I got 3.68 Mbps on the 3MB download test. I'm with Bell Mobility.

Let's see some other people's results!
    02-13-09 10:07 AM
    It's going to measure the speed to RIMs servers, not directly to your phone.
    02-13-09 10:48 AM
    Crap

Any way to test "last mile"?

02-13-09 10:52 AM
    Lol....I am on ATT EDGE on my 8300 and somehow have a connection that is 2.29 times faster than edge.....nice site :P
    02-13-09 10:55 AM
    I race my brother in laws iphone all the time...I smoke him even when he has 3G....or that's IF he has 3G

02-13-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD