just upgraded to a storm2 from a tour and i am a lil upset. i downloaded bolt browser and opera mini (browsers i use to check and change fantasy league lineups, pay bills, etc). Its pretty obvious that these were meant for NON touch screen phones ... does anyone have any suggestions on browsers instead of using the generic BBbrowser ???

Also any tips / differences i should expect from switching from my Tour to the Storm2 would be much appreciated as i am already contemplating giving it to my wife and taking her tour !!!
    02-03-10 05:27 PM
    Silly rabbit of you wanted a browser that works you should have gotten a droid....
    On the other hand I have seen posts on here where people swear by the add on browsers I personally can not get used to them on my storm. Opera and bolt are much faster but I uses the painfully slow bb browser because I Cannot get used to the bad integration on the storm. I have not tried them on a track ball phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 05:59 PM
    My Opera 5.2 works great. Maybe you got the wrong version (is your browser id set to BlackBerry?).

I can't help but ask...why did you get a Storm? Did you try it out in the store? Sounds like you're pretty unhappy with it right out of the gate. If you're still inside your 30 day window, take it back and get something that you like.
    02-03-10 05:59 PM
    Make sure your using opera mini5 beta2. Works very well on the storm2. I like so much, I don't use the native browser anymore.

02-03-10 06:12 PM
    I agree with both of the previous posts. I downloaded Opera 4 and didnt like it too much. Then gave opera 5 beta a try and it works like a dream. So much faster than the BB browser and easy to navigate. You also don't need to click the screen to select something.
    02-03-10 07:20 PM
    Has anyone had any problems with getting on a website then not being able to access anything inside the side due to the links not working? I upgraded from opra mini 4 to 5.2 hoping that would help but my access is actually more limited now than with version 4 ?!?! (this is on the storm 2 by the way)
    02-23-10 06:23 PM
    opera mini b 5 takes a little to get used too , and is definitely the best option out there right now ..

02-23-10 11:20 PM
    WOW.... man... I finally downloaded Opra Mini..... version... I dont know... got it off here on CB.... and Ive gotta tell you that it's amazingly faster than the standard BB browser. RIM.... why didnt you use Opera Mini..... it's like night and day. Screw the driod...... now we just gotta have 100% free apps like the Driod does....
    04-26-10 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD