I have a few issues with the browser. The aim of this post is just to catch attention to them so they can be fixed. I love this phone.

1. Clicking input buttons (like submit or search). They don't depress or highlight at all to let me know that i'm pressing them, i want them to let me know i'm pushing them.

2. Typing in text boxes in the browser is dreadfully slow. The light on the keys will stop on one letter as I keep typing.

3. This is a browser issue but also just a BIG one in general : selecting a point between letters in previous text typed is ****. Absolute ****. This has probably been discussed already though.

DEAR RIM, OS UPDATE PLZ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:04 PM
    DEAR RIM, OS UPDATE PLZ.

Anyone know when it's coming tonight? I've heard from multiple verizon sources that one is coming tonight.
    11-21-08 09:06 PM
    In general, you need to zoom in, like to 100% to perfectly hit a small button, the browser tends to highlight the links instead of buttons, as buttons are CSS controlled.

Typing is a bit laggy, it could be due to many GIFs on the screen, try to change the Repeat Animation to like 5 times.

If you tap and hold on the edit box, the solid cursor would turn into a black box, then you can move it to anywhere you want by moving your finger on the screen.

I have a few issues with the browser. The aim of this post is just to catch attention to them so they can be fixed. I love this phone.

1. Clicking input buttons (like submit or search). They don't depress or highlight at all to let me know that i'm pressing them, i want them to let me know i'm pushing them.

2. Typing in text boxes in the browser is dreadfully slow. The light on the keys will stop on one letter as I keep typing.

3. This is a browser issue but also just a BIG one in general : selecting a point between letters in previous text typed is ****. Absolute ****. This has probably been discussed already though.

DEAR RIM, OS UPDATE PLZ.

11-21-08 09:14 PM
    If you want to pretend your finger is a mouse, then browse in cursor mode. Then you can have mouseover effects, like page elements highlighting.

In normal browser mode, thankfully, the browser is smart enough NOT to trigger these kind of effects. Personally, I think it would make page navigation a nightmare. But if you really, really want it, then just click the arrow on the bottom of the browser screen.
    11-21-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD