The browser works fine for most things - I can enter text in text boxes & click hyperlinks but I can't figure out how to click a button on a web page. Each time I try to click a button, the screen just magnifies until the button is REAL big and then the button gets pressed, even though there's no visual confirmation.

Is there a trick to clicking buttons?

BTW, I did try the "pointer", but that's almost worse than trying to click the button with my thumb!

thx,
    bert
    02-11-09 08:40 AM
    This is probably the single biggest frustration I have as well...
    02-11-09 08:46 AM
    that is the exact reason i can't get into my online banking... along with several other sites, it just keeps zooming and zooming

good luck
    02-11-09 08:56 AM
    Most people use the cursor mode to get around this.
    02-11-09 08:56 AM
    If that's the best option, it's a poor one.
    02-11-09 08:59 AM
    This is what I've found to be the cause behind ppl zooming in on intended button / link clicks.

Just allow the page to fully load (when the progress bar disappears, if I recall correctly), and then try to click the link / button (either via the cursor, or w/o).. should be fine after that
    02-11-09 09:00 AM
    I typically zoom in just so that I know my large thumb is actually on the button, cursor mode works gOod most of the time too, except when it puts the cursor under my thumb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 09:20 AM
    this is super annoying and i end up with a SUBMIT button taking up the whole screen
    02-11-09 10:22 AM
    A lot of times, after typing the text I just use the return key and it functions the same way as the submit button click (for example login button).
    02-11-09 10:59 AM
    A lot of times, after typing the text I just use the return key and it functions the same way as the submit button click (for example login button).
    This has been the best option over the last several weeks for me also. Sometimes you have to double tap the return key.

Only a small percentage of the input boxes will send the cursor to the next line when you try to do this, so for the most part it always gets me out of a jam.
    02-11-09 11:05 AM
    I agree it's a pain with the constant zooming! Thats why I'd rather use apps than go on the actual browser most of the time. But yeah after putting in text it's easier to just hit the enter button than try to hit the button on the webpage! I haven't tried the cursor.

On a similar note anyone use the myspace app? It's frustrating when you get a new photo comment because you don't know what photo it's on or anything. I have the myspace text thing so they text when I get new photo comments, messages or profile comments. The myspace app you can check your profile comments but to view photo comments you have to search through your pics..and so far I haven't seen an indicator that shows new pic comments.
    02-11-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD