New to Blackberry. One of the main reasons for getting the 9530 was so that I could log onto security cameras at an empty building that I own. My cameras are Samsung and I put in a code, then websamsung.net and I am logged in. It then asks for a password and I can view cameras.

When I try from my 9530, all I get is a blank page that says "samsung dvr" up in the corner.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

jj
    12-28-08 02:30 PM
    Are the cameras Flash-based??

If so, I do not believe the Storm browser supports flash

(No Berry does )
    12-28-08 02:41 PM
    New to Blackberry. One of the main reasons for getting the 9530 was so that I could log onto security cameras at an empty building that I own. My cameras are Samsung and I put in a code, then websamsung.net and I am logged in. It then asks for a password and I can view cameras.

When I try from my 9530, all I get is a blank page that says "samsung dvr" up in the corner.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

jj
    with your browser open, hit the menu key>options>browser config>make sure all the boxes are checked and either set the browser identification to IE or FireFox.
    If this doesn't work you will need to look into a streaming app like slingbox.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/slingbox-78121/
    12-28-08 02:55 PM
    No, cameras are not flash based. They go into a pc which is connected to a cable modem.

So I tried the other suggestions and made sure all the boxes were checked and selected IE. Then for fun, I tried youtube and cannot watch video there either. Said I needed adobe flash so I tried to dl that and still cannot watch video.

Can youtube be watched on the berry?
    12-28-08 04:06 PM
    As I said... the cameras are probably Flash based.

I understand that they are connected to a PC, etc etc... but they need to be hosted and shared somehow so you can view them. Most commonly, these types of cameras are viewed through Flash.

That is why I said you probably will not be able to view them on your Berry... as you cannot view Flash video, animation, etc through the Berry browser

sorry!
    12-28-08 09:07 PM
    Thanks. Not good news as I had hoped to able to remote view with the berry wherever
    12-29-08 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD