I just finished installing .109 and my browser in gone? has this happened to anyone else? does anyone know how to fix it?
    02-24-09 03:07 PM
    go into options> advanced> service books. highlight "IPPP for BIBS", BB> delete. do the same for "Blackberry Internet Browser Service". once those are done, BB> undelete.

clear back out to advanced options. host routing table> bb> register now.

should work.
    02-24-09 03:27 PM
    its funny, same thing happened to me and i tried searching for a thread like this and couldnt find one so i somehow figured it out myself...after i figure it out, THEN i find the thread lol
    02-24-09 03:31 PM
    easiest thing to search for is "missing browser"

I've found that, usually, breaking the issue down into its' base elements and searching those terms brings back the most hits.
    02-24-09 04:13 PM
    oh ok, i searched "service books"
    02-24-09 04:35 PM
    go into options> advanced> service books. highlight "IPPP for BIBS", BB> delete. do the same for "Blackberry Internet Browser Service". once those are done, BB> undelete.

clear back out to advanced options. host routing table> bb> register now.

should work.
    No idea what your first steps accomplish, but the browser will show up after a simple 'register now'.
    02-24-09 04:53 PM
    The past 4-5 upgrades Ive done, after rebooting, the radio connection is turned off, just turn it on and the browser should reappear
    02-24-09 05:00 PM
    yeah, it's funny how you just have to memorize to check your radio, send service books, pull battery each time you do an upgrade
    02-24-09 05:03 PM
    Not always. The first steps just delete the sevice books for internet. Registering afterwards resends them and starts "new".

ONLY re-registering the HRT doesn't always work, but doing it the "long" way has never failed me.

No idea what your first steps accomplish, but the browser will show up after a simple 'register now'.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by seVer916; 02-25-09 at 01:07 AM.
    02-24-09 05:05 PM
    yeah, it's funny how you just have to memorize to check your radio, send service books, pull battery each time you do an upgrade
    99% of the time I only have to reboot... but even then it happens automatically, so I never have to manually pull the battery. I think I've only had to resend the books and turn on the radio once, and even then I think only when I did a wipe and clean install.
    02-24-09 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD