Is there any way to remove my phone number from my storm by using usb? It is damaged and the touch screen is unusable. Wipe and factory reset using JL Commander didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks.
    02-12-09 11:57 PM
    What do you mean, "remove your number"?
    02-13-09 02:07 AM
    When you enter phone mode by pressing send, it lists your phone number under signal strength and the time.
    02-13-09 09:57 AM
    The only way that I know how to remove the number from the storm requires using the screen. Since you said that your screen is damaged, I don't think it will help. But if you are still able to use the screen somewhat, open up the dial pad and dial ##000000 and press send. This will take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen and you can delete it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 10:13 AM
    The only way that I know how to remove the number from the storm requires using the screen. Since you said that your screen is damaged, I don't think it will help. But if you are still able to use the screen somewhat, open up the dial pad and dial ##000000 and press send. This will take you to the CDMA Service Edit Screen and you can delete it from there.

Thanks but I can't even get past the license agreement page where all I have to do is click ok
    02-13-09 11:49 AM
    I can see an option to set a phone number in Options -> SIM card (which might imply that wiping the handheld would remove the number, or taking the SIM card out would clear it), but I'm not sure how CDMA works and if it has a SIM card if you have a CDMA phone ...
    02-14-09 05:37 AM

Appologies for slipping Off topic. ##000000 must be a Verizon thing, didnt work on my Telus CDMA phone. Never hurts to try things out, I have learned alot about my equipment that way
    02-14-09 09:20 AM
    So it sounds like I am SOL Thanks anyways
    02-14-09 04:19 PM

When you delete the number, you will need to put in some others in its' place
    (like - 1234567890). Just deleting the old number would not clear my Storm out without doing so.
    02-15-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD