Pics? Not saying you're a liar, just curious to see what a storm looks like underneath the shattered glass.
    i will try to put pics up. i relly dont know how to poost pics but i will try
    03-06-09 01:05 PM
    You won't get a different phone unless you discuss it with the rep beforehand. (For the posts above.)

To the other one... Demanding a new phone will not get you a new phone. Asking nicely for a new phone works 80% of the time. (I dated someone who worked for asurion.)

On a final note... I drop my storm daily on hard tiled surfaces and occasionally on concrete. It has yet to break, there is one tiny scratch on the bottom. I abuse my phones.
    03-06-09 01:10 PM
    They are usually refurbished but totally re cased to look like new. Next time tell them you were fishing and dropped it in the lake and its gone! If you do that make sure you never tuen it on again!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-06-09 at 01:24 PM.
    03-06-09 01:19 PM
    i will try to put pics up. i relly dont know how to poost pics but i will try
    here i s a pic
    03-06-09 01:26 PM
    Pics? Not saying you're a liar, just curious to see what a storm looks like underneath the shattered glass.
    My top screen came completely off. I am no electronics genius or anything like that so this may be obvious, but all there is just another screen underneath the top screen. I just sent mine back, no pics sorry.
    03-06-09 02:07 PM
    They are usually refurbished but totally re cased to look like new. Next time tell them you were fishing and dropped it in the lake and its gone! If you do that make sure you never tuen it on again!
    You going to go back to the iJesusPhone any time soon....
    03-06-09 02:09 PM
    The refurbs are as bad as everybody makes them out to be. But there are some cases that the refurbs just dont cut it. I had a Voyager before the strom and I had it replaced through insurance and the phone was horrible. couldnt make or receive phone call or text messages...only on major highways. So I called and they sent me a brand new one (out of the box) w/ rebate, and was able to have the $50.00 m.i.r. as well as a new phone. But with phones that are that new....9 times out of 10, they are brand new.
    03-06-09 02:32 PM
    I too got a new replacement from assurion. I think they have a lack of refurbs on storms since it's still a new phone. I dropped mine from waist high in the parking lot, and it didn't break, just a nice scratch on the "chrome" bezel. Sorry to hear about your screen, I'd be lost without my storm, even for a day!
    03-06-09 02:54 PM
    you should post a pic
    03-06-09 04:05 PM
    This isnt good news for me.....I have the samsung alias...got it the week it came out.....iv dropped this thing, no joke, almost once a day. I use it so much that I forget I have it like in my lap or something, and it falls off when i get up. That thing is beastly durable though. It works perfectly even after hundreds of drops, lots of them pretty nasty on concrete. When I get my storm.........i'm going to have to be verrrry careful
    Dude, same I have the Alias also things a tank but just recently I had my big tri fold wallet in front of it in my pocket and the edge was on the front screen, I fell on that side ( dont ask) and the front screen cracked :O but it still works fine other then the screen.
    03-06-09 04:55 PM
    Mine always slides out of my pocket but luckily for me it allways falls onto carpet and then the other day it fell out of my pocket onto concrete and it cracked not to big of a crack hopefully it won't spider, but if it does I guess I'll get a replacement.
    03-06-09 05:51 PM
    That is why I have a hard case on my storm, yes it looks like crap, but I've dropped my phone x many times as with smacked things into my legs like a ladder, or hitting the corner of a table making a loud SMACK sound as it hits my phone and thankfully (because of the ugly case) I have zero scratches or marks.

I use my phone, I don't show it. So I could care less if it looks fugly. If I wanted to show my phone off I would have bought an Iphone.
    03-06-09 08:27 PM
    Ya and if you would have got s IPhone the people you talk to would be able to hear you on phone calls'no dust under the screen'no freezing or random reboots ,daily battery pulls ,etc ..etc.. Etc....... You know that sounds like a pretty good idea. I would do it too if I could use it on Verizon. Gotta have Verizon
    That is why I have a hard case on my storm, yes it looks like crap, but I've dropped my phone x many times as with smacked things into my legs like a ladder, or hitting the corner of a table making a loud SMACK sound as it hits my phone and thankfully (because of the ugly case) I have zero scratches or marks.

I use my phone, I don't show it. So I could care less if it looks fugly. If I wanted to show my phone off I would have bought an Iphone.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 08:39 PM
    they don't HAVE to sent you the same make phone. They can sub in another to do what the storm can. I'd be happy with new, happy with refurb... pissed if they sent me a different phone all together!!
    They used to be able to do that for any phone, but now it's only for discontinued phones...if it's a production phone they have to replace it with the same model phone!
    03-06-09 09:13 PM
    Ya and if you would have got s IPhone the people you talk to would be able to hear you on phone calls'no dust under the screen'no freezing or random reboots ,daily battery pulls ,etc ..etc.. Etc....... You know that sounds like a pretty good idea. I would do it too if I could use it on Verizon. Gotta have Verizon

I some issues with one OS but other then that... my phone has been great for me.

Besides Im not cool enough for an iphone.
    03-07-09 01:50 AM
    I broke my screen and called asurion and the nest day received a brand new storm in the box. Pretty happy with it!
    03-07-09 03:47 AM
    thankfully I still find myself being very careful and paying good attention so I don't drop or sit on it or something.
    03-07-09 06:55 AM

yeah..and if you had an iphone they dont offer insurance..so this whole conversation wouldnt be happening..you would be buying a brand new phone out of pocket
    03-07-09 09:55 AM
    here i s a pic
    That picture made me kinda tingly and numb. <holds phone tight>
    03-07-09 10:24 AM
    yeah..and if you had an iphone they dont offer insurance..so this whole conversation wouldnt be happening..you would be buying a brand new phone out of pocket
    That is true. Att and no insurance. The two reasons I don't own one. Just kidding anyways. I am fairly happy with my storm.

03-07-09 10:47 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD