this morning i dropped my storm from about waist height onto my hardwood floor cover by a area rug and the screen shattered!!I can not beleive the screen shattered like that!I have a otterbox for it but it was not in it i ordered a replacment through asurion(luckily i had insurance).Anyone know if asurions replacements are new or refurbished?And are they any good.Anyways,i suggest being very careful not to drop the storm or it will shatter.the screen seems very fragile,because it was not even a hard fall and it shattered.i thought it would be able to take more of an impact than that.anyhow just a heads up
    03-06-09 10:13 AM
    Wow... that stinks... and I bought my Storm new without any contract stuff paying full price, and have no insurance.. Guess I need to keep it glued to my hip....
    03-06-09 10:15 AM
    ya i would definatly suggest insurance..50$ i s way cheaper than full retail.i am verry careful with it.but i guess it dont take much to break it.you never know
    03-06-09 10:20 AM
    alllllways refurbs man =/ sorry to hear. Did you have to pay $50?
    03-06-09 10:21 AM
    This isnt good news for me.....I have the samsung alias...got it the week it came out.....iv dropped this thing, no joke, almost once a day. I use it so much that I forget I have it like in my lap or something, and it falls off when i get up. That thing is beastly durable though. It works perfectly even after hundreds of drops, lots of them pretty nasty on concrete. When I get my storm.........i'm going to have to be verrrry careful
    03-06-09 10:23 AM
    I had an Alias three phones ago and yeah, those suckers are durable.
    03-06-09 10:26 AM
    ya i had to pay the 50 for a replacement
    03-06-09 10:27 AM
    i also have i pod touch and that thing is tough as nails!I let my 2 yr. old boy watch the cars movie on it and he litterly throws that thing across the room and the edges and corners are all bashed in but works like brand new yet,never broke the screen on that after heavy abuse,knock on wood.oh well what do you do?
    03-06-09 10:34 AM
    !@&%@^&$)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGH! Right after I posed that........my phone flies out of my hand and tumbles down 3 flights of stairs! Im going to put my storm in a bubble!
    03-06-09 10:59 AM
    Its not always refurbs. I got mine replaced last month and it was brand new in the retail box from asurian.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:05 AM
    !@&%@^&$)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGH! Right after I posed that........my phone flies out of my hand and tumbles down 3 flights of stairs! Im going to put my storm in a bubble!
    did it break? i dont know maybe mine fell just right to shatter it,but it didnt take much of an impact to shatter it(everything still works ok but screen is shattered
    03-06-09 11:07 AM
    Its not always refurbs. I got mine replaced last month and it was brand new in the retail box from asurian.

hopefully i get a new one also.i just dont like the idea of refurb.too bad,this phone worked great,no issues at all with it.no dust under screen,clicks good,etc...now i hope the next one i get works good,
    03-06-09 11:11 AM
    It isn't that the screen is fragile.... because they wanted to prevent scratches on the touch screen... they made it very very hard.... unfortunately hard is not very flexible... it is very rigid.. glass and metals when soft are more flexible though they don't break as easy they scratch easier...
    03-06-09 11:58 AM
    ya i had to pay the 50 for a replacement
    Don't worry about it being a refurb, just because it is a refurbed does NOT mean its a crappy phone.
    03-06-09 12:03 PM
    all I have to say is, If I am paying a 50 dollar deductable along with the 3yrs of 5 dollars a month insurance fee on my verizon bill, I better damn well be getting a brand spanking new phone if something happens to mine. I will say this to them when I make my claim if something ever does happen to my phone. There is no excuse to get a refurb when you are paying that kind of money to a company. Seriously, if you add it up I myself have paid that company almost 200 dollars with nothing in return, If my phone breaks and I give them another 50 bucks. New phone is a demand.
    03-06-09 12:11 PM
    Makes sense I quess. Also. I think that because the screen floats ut is more apt to break when dropped on the edge.
    It isn't that the screen is fragile.... because they wanted to prevent scratches on the touch screen... they made it very very hard.... unfortunately hard is not very flexible... it is very rigid.. glass and metals when soft are more flexible though they don't break as easy they scratch easier...
    03-06-09 12:12 PM
    sometimes the refurb phones are better than the new ones. why do people hate getting refurb phones? if i hold a new one up to a refurb storm, there is no difference so why do people freak out about getting a refurb?
    It's a stigma... Who knows.

Refurbed phones can be anything from someone buying a brand new one and not liking it and taking it back within 24hrs, nothing wrong with it at all, just opened... To a button fell off and RIM replaced it making it good as new... I don't get it. No one believes in buying pre owned cars? Or fixing something on theirs if it breaks? LOL okay...
    03-06-09 12:15 PM
    I found my Storm to be pretty durable, and have dropped it several times. Maybe I just got lucky. I DO try to be careful with it.
    03-06-09 12:20 PM
    I dropped mine the day before New Years Eve on a hardwood floor as well. My screen didn't break, but it popped off at the top and if I remember right it was attached by some electrical looking things at the bottom that kept the screen attached to the phone. I popped the screen back on but the screen was black with white wavy lines going through it.

My Assurion replacement was brand new in a factory Verizon box though.
    03-06-09 12:27 PM
    a men. I just want a brand new one. One that is a virgin and my hands are the first to touch her !
    all I have to say is, If I am paying a 50 dollar deductable along with the 3yrs of 5 dollars a month insurance fee on my verizon bill, I better damn well be getting a brand spanking new phone if something happens to mine. I will say this to them when I make my claim if something ever does happen to my phone. There is no excuse to get a refurb when you are paying that kind of money to a company. Seriously, if you add it up I myself have paid that company almost 200 dollars with nothing in return, If my phone breaks and I give them another 50 bucks. New phone is a demand.
    03-06-09 12:28 PM
    they don't HAVE to sent you the same make phone. They can sub in another to do what the storm can. I'd be happy with new, happy with refurb... pissed if they sent me a different phone all together!!
    03-06-09 12:36 PM
    they don't HAVE to sent you the same make phone. They can sub in another to do what the storm can. I'd be happy with new, happy with refurb... pissed if they sent me a different phone all together!!
    I don't think there is an alternate for the Storm....
    03-06-09 12:36 PM
    I must have been lucky with mine then. I was listening to music with earphones in while sitting at the table. Got up to get the baby forgetting that there was a wire connecting the device to me. It hit the hardwood but suffered zero damage whatsoever. No case or any protection at the time.

03-06-09 12:48 PM
    You better go read the terms of your insurance agreement that you signed with assurion. Keep in mind you don't have to have insurance.

03-06-09 12:54 PM
    Pics? Not saying you're a liar, just curious to see what a storm looks like underneath the shattered glass.
    03-06-09 12:59 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD