You're definitely correct about that pk, but still it was unacceptable to people paying all that money for the device, and know have a super smooth experience with the S2, they really should give S1 users wanting the new device some kind of break!
    So becuase you have a bad click and you claim that you have tried it all makes you think that you are entitled to some sort of break from VZW? Really? Come on! If your screen click is really that bad and none of the suggested tips or tricks helped than you should of had it replaced when you first noticed the bad click. On my second replacement I checked about 4 different storms fresh from the box to make sure I got a good one before I left the store. If you left the store with a bad device and didnt take it back to get it replaced then its on you and not on verizon.
    10-26-09 11:38 AM
    So becuase you have a bad click and you claim that you have tried it all makes you think that you are entitled to some sort of break from VZW? Really? Come on! If your screen click is really that bad and none of the suggested tips or tricks helped than you should of had it replaced when you first noticed the bad click. On my second replacement I checked about 4 different storms fresh from the box to make sure I got a good one before I left the store. If you left the store with a bad device and didnt take it back to get it replaced then its on you and not on verizon.
    Totally! Because everyone knows it is the consumers job to search through box after box of phones to find one that works correctly, and to scour the interweb for leaked operating systems in order to have a semireliable phone.
    Totally on you dude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:46 PM
    Totally! Because everyone knows it is the consumers job to search through box after box of phones to find one that works correctly, and to scour the interweb for leaked operating systems in order to have a semireliable phone.
    Totally on you dude.

AGREED

10 chars
    10-26-09 04:44 PM
    VZ/RIM are also worried about keeping their current customers. My Storm is now more pleasurable to use, so I'm more likely to buy another BB next time. I'm not sure about discounts on the S2, but the 5.0 release softens the blow of not getting a new S2.

Not to mention that RIM really doesn't want to leave a bunch of poorly functioning S1s out there. That doesn't help with potential customers.
    10-26-09 05:16 PM
    It IS on the consumer. I was all pumped on the Storm when I first heard about it and was considering making the jump to Verizon anyway so I went to check it out. I played with one in the store for less than 30 seconds before realizing that I hated the way the screen worked. If somebody hyped themselves into believing their hopes and dreams instead of their hands and eyes (see also: ProjectDark...), then let's hope they learn a lesson from this. If the phone started out good and became bad over time, that's a warranty issue. However, for all the bitter people claiming it was crap from day one: What makes you think you deserve a favor because you can't recognize crap when you're holding it in your hand? You bought it with your own money, sorry you bought a turd that you chose not to return...

10-26-09 05:32 PM
    Totally on you dude.
    The phone has been great since .148. One could argue it's been reliable since .75. As for the screen click, as someone else mentioned, 30 seconds with a Torx screwdriver fixes that issue (it fixed mine).

The issue isn't Verizon, RIM, or the phone. If you want to blame something, blame the instantaneous exchange of information over the internet.

Every piece of information on the first gen Storm that was ever written has been regurgitated here for all to comment upon. It's been discussed, analyzed, theorized, and argued about.

People come here and they read all the reviews, bad or good. They read posts written by people who spout their points of view because they have a soapbox to do it upon and a wide and captive audience to reach.

Suddenly the easily impressionable start to second guess the phone that they actually liked the day before. Why isn't it more like an iPhone? Maybe the lack of wifi is a deal breaker. Maybe I'm entitled to a new phone. Plenty of people seem to feel that way so I guess I will too.

Fast forward a month or two, and their hive-mind opinion turns passionate; their anger real. The number of dissenters have bolstered everyone's overall sense of entitlement. All these people can't be wrong right?

We're not consumers. We're power users, and we're pseudo power users. The average Storm one consumer is oblivious to the 'war' raging around them about their phone. They also wouldn't rummage through boxes of phones, because they're mostly satisfied with the one they started out with.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 10-26-09 at 05:48 PM.
    10-26-09 05:44 PM
    Totally on you dude.

So dont buy the f-ing thing if its poor quality or has issues. It is on the consumer. VZW or RIM did not shove the storm down anyone throat or force you to buy it. You guys are so pathetic when you blame the company for making a device that YOU decided to buy and that YOU didnt have to buy if it had issues. How is it rims or vzw's fault if you bought a device at your own risk?
    10-26-09 05:47 PM
    So dont buy the f-ing thing if its poor quality or has issues. It is on the consumer. VZW or RIM did not shove the storm down anyone throat or force you to buy it. You guys are so pathetic when you blame the company for making a device that YOU decided to buy and that YOU didnt have to buy if it had issues. How is it rims or vzw's fault if you bought a device at your own risk?

I can see both sides......But to me I think people have a legitimate gripe. Blackberry has marketed itself and proven to be a quality product. It is lets say the BMW or the Mercedes of cell phones. If somebody buys a Ford or Chevy for cheap and it acts like a cheap car, sure I would say you get what you pay for and those cars have always been made cheaply, you can't argue that.

However, if you buy a BMW or Mercedes and it's a POS, I think you're allowed to at least complain about it. But the company, in this case VZW, DOES NOT owe you anything, period. Complain legitimately, then get over it. And do what most people would do if they genuinely felt they've been ripped off, don't buy the same brand. I think the people that do didn't always hate their Storm, they jumped on the Internet B!+ch bandwagon!

I'm speaking mostly to the screen issue. In regards to the hardware issue, I would say people defiantly have the right to complain. It seems when companies have the ability to patch games or in this case the OS, they tend to release it before it should be. Fine for somethings, but when it drags on for a year........ somethings get fixed, others get worse, and as time goes on the product seems unfixable, that's a lemon. You didn't get what was advertised. The guy walking around in the Storm commercials said, "hmmm, it clicks." He didn't say it clicks most of time but not always in the corners or after you tighten screws inside the back cover. I don't think people deserve it, I just think RIM and VZW could benefit in a PR kind of way for giving people even 20 bucks off.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 10-26-09 at 06:29 PM.
    10-26-09 06:16 PM
    Actually I blame them for making a substandard product and still almost a year later there are glaring bugs I'm the OS.

I think the pathetic ones on the RIM/VWZ apologists who are willing to accept anything as good enough. I happen to expect more, you might not.

10-26-09 06:38 PM
    The phone has been great since .148. One could argue it's been reliable since .75. As for the screen click, as someone else mentioned, 30 seconds with a Torx screwdriver fixes that issue (it fixed mine).

The issue isn't Verizon, RIM, or the phone. If you want to blame something, blame the instantaneous exchange of information over the internet.

Every piece of information on the first gen Storm that was ever written has been regurgitated here for all to comment upon. It's been discussed, analyzed, theorized, and argued about.

People come here and they read all the reviews, bad or good. They read posts written by people who spout their points of view because they have a soapbox to do it upon and a wide and captive audience to reach.

Suddenly the easily impressionable start to second guess the phone that they actually liked the day before. Why isn't it more like an iPhone? Maybe the lack of wifi is a deal breaker. Maybe I'm entitled to a new phone. Plenty of people seem to feel that way so I guess I will too.

Fast forward a month or two, and their hive-mind opinion turns passionate; their anger real. The number of dissenters have bolstered everyone's overall sense of entitlement. All these people can't be wrong right?

We're not consumers. We're power users, and we're pseudo power users. The average Storm one consumer is oblivious to the 'war' raging around them about their phone. They also wouldn't rummage through boxes of phones, because they're mostly satisfied with the one they started out with.
    Great huh? I had three random reboots while surfing the web today, that isn't power usage it is common usage. In fairness things are vastly better then they were when I got my storm but imo they still have a ways to go.

10-26-09 06:43 PM
    Actually I blame them for making a substandard product and still almost a year later there are glaring bugs I'm the OS.

I think the pathetic ones on the RIM/VWZ apologists who are willing to accept anything as good enough. I happen to expect more, you might not.

The only pathetic ones are the people who buy the product and dont take it back for a replacement or return it all together and blame the company that made the device. For every 1 unhappy customer there are 10 happy customers.

I didnt accept a defective device. I didnt leave the store until I got a good one. If I would left the store with a defective unit and waited past the 30days to bring it back or complain then it is my own fault.

There is no such thing as a perfect piece of eletronic hardware. And there is no such thing as a bug free piece of software.
    10-26-09 06:54 PM
    Great huh? I had three random reboots while surfing the web today, that isn't power usage it is common usage. In fairness things are vastly better then they were when I got my storm but imo they still have a ways to go.

its complainers like you that whine and ***** and moan about the little bugs even though the phone is so much better now. In fact I bet even if you got the perfect operating system you would still find things to complain about. For the masses this OS has made the storm so much better and you still arent happy.
    10-26-09 06:57 PM
    Agreed. Keep in mind Verizon is a multi-billion dollar company and they don't make many ignorant decisions. I agree with everything you said.
    So do I...
    10-26-09 06:59 PM
    its complainers like you that whine and ***** and moan about the little bugs even though the phone is so much better now. In fact I bet even if you got the perfect operating system you would still find things to complain about. For the masses this OS has made the storm so much better and you still arent happy.
    Wow personal attack much? Talk about being unhappy.

I guess if I don't drink the coolaid I must be a whiner huh. Excuse me got having standards. Enjoy your Storm2 dude, it is everything fanbois like you deserve.

-OAL OUT!
    10-26-09 07:04 PM
    The only pathetic ones are the people who buy the product and dont take it back for a replacement or return it all together and blame the company that made the device. For every 1 unhappy customer there are 10 happy customers.

I didnt accept a defective device. I didnt leave the store until I got a good one. If I would left the store with a defective unit and waited past the 30days to bring it back or complain then it is my own fault.

There is no such thing as a perfect piece of eletronic hardware. And there is no such thing as a bug free piece of software.
    So you really believe the the manufacturer bears NO responsibility whatsoever? The only reason that they could possibly bear NO responsibility is if they marketed the product as a POS (Which they obviously did not!). And I can promise you the there is no way in **** that happy storm owners outnumber disgruntled ones 10:1. Stupid statement from an obvious fanboy apologist!
    10-26-09 07:05 PM

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Please name other $500 electronic devices that you would expect to sift thru until you found one that works or that you should be prepared to return within the first 30 days. You're okay with spending that much money and bearing total responsible for the build quality of the item. I think that's ridiculous. And I like how you turn it 180 degrees and say that the complainers expect a perfect piece of hardware and a bug free software. No just one that works as well as everything else I spend $500 on.

I've always been happy with mine, but to hear that people are on there 5th phone and some even more blows my mind. At what point do say enough is enough. It's pretty obvious that RIM built and VZW okayed a phone that was not worth the price tag. And contrary to what you might believe, that can take longer than 30 days to figure out especially with the promise of better OS's to come. Just cause they "got away" with it, doesn't make it ok.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 10-26-09 at 07:33 PM.
    10-26-09 07:27 PM
    That's the stupidest thing ...doesn't make it ok.
    I am not trying to start anything with anybody, but there are some electronic devices that I have spent a good deal of money on when they were first released that didn't work well - Xbox360 and PS3. I realize that people having to exchange their phones numerous times is ridiculous, at some point though, they need to either decide to live with it or switch to a different device.

Either way, I am just glad this device is being released finally.
    10-26-09 07:39 PM
    I am not trying to start anything with anybody, but there are some electronic devices that I have spent a good deal of money on when they were first released that didn't work well - Xbox360 and PS3. I realize that people having to exchange their phones numerous times is ridiculous, at some point though, they need to either decide to live with it or switch to a different device.

Either way, I am just glad this device is being released finally.
    Yes, I understand that. But in how many of those cases did someone say "Shut up! You bought it! Now stop whining!"?
    10-26-09 07:43 PM
    So dont buy the f-ing thing if its poor quality or has issues. It is on the consumer. VZW or RIM did not shove the storm down anyone throat or force you to buy it. You guys are so pathetic when you blame the company for making a device that YOU decided to buy and that YOU didnt have to buy if it had issues.
    I agree to some extent, I bought the S1 even after the negative reviews came out and now wish I hadn't. I usually do some research before I buy something, but I was so excited I ignored the reviews. Won't happen again.
    10-26-09 07:49 PM
    Yes, I understand that. But in how many of those cases did someone say "Shut up! You bought it! Now stop whining!"?
    Good point; I guess I knew what I was getting with the 360 and ps3. I don't blame people for being upset about the Storm1, but there comes a point (maybe after the 3rd, 4th or 5th device) that those people need to make a choice. They either decide they are going to be okay with the device as is, or switch to something else and wait to see what else comes along.
    10-26-09 07:59 PM
    Good point; I guess I knew what I was getting with the 360 and ps3. I don't blame people for being upset about the Storm1, but there comes a point (maybe after the 3rd, 4th or 5th device) that those people need to make a choice. They either decide they are going to be okay with the device as is, or switch to something else and wait to see what else comes along.

I could be wrong but I thought if you brought your junk storm in after the 30 days, all they would do is replace it. So in order to switch devices you would be throwing the money you spent down the drain.
    10-26-09 08:05 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD