Has anyone figured out a hack or found an app to allow you to change the brightness setting to more than 100? Is there any way to change the contrast or the red blue & green settings? I've seen other phones that are brighter when on their highest setting, so I'm just wondering if there is a workaround to make it higher than 100 in screen/keyboard options.
    05-18-09 05:49 PM
    It might be your "auto dim" feature that is causing the phone to be dimmer than others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 06:06 PM
    Has anyone figured out a hack or found an app to allow you to change the brightness setting to more than 100?
    I think the same guy wrote an app that makes the volume go to 11.
    05-18-09 06:07 PM
    It might be your "auto dim" feature that is causing the phone to be dimmer than others.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, but I already set that option to off.
    05-18-09 06:09 PM
    To mess with the contrast, go to Options, Advanced Options, Accessibility. You can switch between Normal, Reverse Contrast (which I personally think looks cool), and Greyscale.
    05-18-09 06:11 PM
    I think the same guy wrote an app that makes the volume go to 11.
    All joking aside, just because our options only allow it to go up to 100 does not mean that this is the maximum output for our backlight. If you had a nvidia video card you would know what I'm talking about. Most LCDs allow for this...

Funny movie though.
    05-18-09 06:16 PM
    To mess with the contrast, go to Options, Advanced Options, Accessibility. You can switch between Normal, Reverse Contrast (which I personally think looks cool), and Greyscale.
    Thanks, I meant turning contrast up or down though...
    05-18-09 06:17 PM
    AFAIK 100% is maximum... The Storm uses LED backlights, 100% is 100%, there is no overdriving an LED without substantially affecting its life expectancy.
    05-18-09 06:31 PM
    Thanks, but I already set that option to off.
    I've noticed that even after I've set the auto-dim to off, it still auto-dims until I do a battery pull and reset the OS. When the brightness is at 100, I can see the screen fairly well outside and in the sun.
    05-18-09 06:34 PM
    AFAIK 100% is maximum... The Storm uses LED backlights, 100% is 100%, there is no overdriving an LED without substantially affecting its life expectancy.
    Well the 100% in Options isn't the device's true 100%. I've noticed 100% with autodimming on is way brighter than without.
    05-18-09 06:39 PM
    I found an old crackberry thread that might be what I'm looking for:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...w-issue-131982

Sounds like there are storms with different color temps, one being warmer (darker looking) and one cooler, depending on who manufactured it. I'd really have to see another side-by-side with mine to see the actual difference, but someone in that above thread posted a link to some youtube video where you can visibly see the difference in screen temp between two storms:

Last edited by jostrat21; 05-18-09 at 06:47 PM.
    05-18-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD