does anyone know the effects of having the brightness level at 100% like all the time?

im wondering if anyones tested like 10%vs100 or something comperable
    i love showing off my bright storm screen to my friends, but 10% isnt that impressive....
    05-31-09 01:16 PM
    does anyone know the effects of having the brightness level at 100% like all the time?

im wondering if anyones tested like 10%vs100 or something comperable
    i love showing off my bright storm screen to my friends, but 10% isnt that impressive....
    It will just drain your battery faster.
    05-31-09 01:27 PM
    i know but does anyone know how MUCh faster, like has anyone tested them in comparison?
    05-31-09 01:29 PM
    i know but does anyone know how MUCh faster, like has anyone tested them in comparison?
    I'm not sure if anyone has ever answered that in a thread. You could test it yourself, though. Leave your screen brightness at 100% for a day or two, and see how fast it drains your battery. Then do the same for other levels. I don't know that anyone could give you a definite answer to this, because so many other factors would come in to how fast your battery drains on your phone... like what apps you use, how much you use the phone, etc. The only way for you to know for sure would be to test it on your own device.
    05-31-09 01:31 PM
    ok thanks for the quick reply!
    but darn
    thats what i was afraid of!
    i hate field testing
    05-31-09 01:33 PM
    ok thanks for the quick reply!
    but darn
    thats what i was afraid of!
    i hate field testing
    It really would depend on the device and the user, though. The testing part can be monotonous, but that is the only way you will know for sure.
    05-31-09 01:37 PM
    Wow, and I've been thinking all along that 5% might be a nice option. Seriously, 10% is still a little bright for me. 100% is downright painful.
    05-31-09 04:13 PM
    haha i know but when you get used to 100% going back is,.....
    just not possible
    05-31-09 04:17 PM
    I've always kept it as 10% although my phone seems to automatically adjust brightness depending on light levels
    05-31-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD