So, reading on the forums, i've come to conclude that not only is my original storm bricked, but the replacement that I was sent straight out of the box is as well. I still don't see how that can happen, but oh well.

I have 2 bricked storms now and I've tried a majority of the stuff that I have come across on the forums so far. The phone would not turn on right out of the box so I let the battery charge (battery from the original brick). I tried and tried but the phone would not respond. Every now and then I would get the white battery screen but nothing other than that. So I left the phone to charge overnight and when I came back, It was on and working. I dialed the number I was given to activate the phone and it shut off, ceasing to work.

I've tried running through the apploader, the DM, and java loader would not work on my computer. The only thing happening on the phone is the red led in the corner stays on for a bit, then shuts off for a bit and the device connected/unconnected sound is playing from my computer.

I would love it if someone could please walk me through on what to do about this.
    05-27-10 11:47 PM
    A miracle what a little bit of searching Crackberry forums does.
    Just teasing.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    GOOD LUCK!
    05-28-10 12:01 AM
    I've gotten to the point after i connect to usb:unknown and it keeps timing out waiting for the device to initialize
    05-28-10 12:04 AM
    Do you keep the battery out and what not? It takes patients though. You will get the hang of it. The first time I ever bricked my curve it took me about 14 mountain dew educed hours. Now a days, when i brick my storm, it takes me about 45 minutes. From connecting it to loading the os and disconnecting.
    05-28-10 12:08 AM
    Any suggestions on how to get past the device initialization stage? It keeps timing out there. My battery is out now. I didn't do that before.
    05-28-10 12:12 AM
    Follow the steps in the guide exactly.

Also, when you charged your battery, did you use your OEM charger? Or did you use a different charger or USB cable?
    05-28-10 12:16 AM
    Follow the steps in the guide exactly.

Also, when you charged your battery, did you use your OEM charger? Or did you use a different charger or USB cable?
    I just used the charger that I was given with the original phone. Recently I have been using the usb charger since it has been connected to my computer for the majority of the time.
    05-28-10 12:18 AM
    Ok, the reason I ask is because the original charger is the only one that will actually charge a completely drained battery and you need to have at least some charge on your battery in order to be able to get the computer to recognize the phone.

The trick is once you're sure that the battery is charged, then try to proceed.

Now, if you really aren't able to get anywhere with this, then I'm inclined to believe you have got really bad luck and have two phones with hardware related issues. If that's the case, call up your carrier (Verizon?) once again and I'd recommend laying into them a little bit. Explain the problem and what you've tried and they will likely end up sending you a new phone. The problem is that in the meantime, you're out a phone which isn't exactly fair.

Also, just out of curiosity, have you ever had problems with cellphones before? Believe it or not, there are people out there who kill phones very quickly simply due to their own personal electrical charges. I know of a few people who have had to stop using cellphones altogether because they killed every cellphone they owned in no time at all. Just something else to consider if this is a regular occurance.
    05-28-10 02:39 AM
    I just went through it yesterday. I felt naked with my 9530 out of commission for 9 hours yesterday. I was up all night last night completely wiping out my phone and reloading everything. I've got it all working now. Hopefully it worked for me.

Update: Well my 9530 was working fine this morning, but at lunchtime, it bricked out. Took it home and tried the remedial and during the process of reloading the OS it shut down again and now it's not rebooting and getting double red blinking lights. So I left it at home to charge up on the OEM charger. Have you ever seen the double red blinking lights and what does it mean? Would I still be able to unbrick it later once it had the time to charge up?!?
    Last edited by breezy83; 05-28-10 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Update
    05-28-10 09:45 AM
    05-28-10 07:11 PM
    I did find that this afternoon when I got home from work and had time to actually sit down and think it through. It was helpful. I was able to back up my data before I bricked it. Now I just have to redownload the apps I had.
    05-28-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD