Hi guys, thanks for looking at this.

First of all, I have read at least 30 other threads about bricked Blackberries/Storms, and none have fixed the problem.

4 hours ago I had a working Storm with .148 Hybrid by Lyricidal. I made a backup.

Then, reading one of the threads I went in and removed some modules, such as some Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, etc modules. Then I went to reload up my OS with Lyricidal's Hybrid, this time removing Setup Manager (Which I had read on several threads that it was safe to remove).

I now have a phone that loads up to the white screen showing a symbol of a circle with a screen with a circle, square, and triangle in it, all with a slash going through it while saying at the bottom "Reload Software 507"

I followed several links from the Noob Help Guide, such as
    HOW TO FORCE AN OS LOAD:
    The problem with this is #5, when in the apploader, it doesn't show me "unknown". Basically, it doesn't recognize the USB the phone is connected to.

When I follow:
    HOW DO I RECOVER A DEAD BLACKBERRY:
    It again leads me right back to the same place I was before, and the apploader doesn't recognize the phone connected via usb.

I've reconnected the phone to several other usb's but no luck

I also downloaded JL Command but I have a 64 bit Vista computer, and that program won't work with it (maybe 32 bit only?)

Can anyone give me some advice? I'm really panicking.

Thanks
    05-31-09 06:25 PM
    With JL have you tried running as admin? I know I had trouble getting that to run. Try running as admin and then wiping it and then reinstalling the software. Maybe that'll help (and yes, I read that you've read a bunch of other threads, I'm just trying )
    05-31-09 06:37 PM
    Hi guys, thanks for looking at this.

First of all, I have read at least 30 other threads about bricked Blackberries/Storms, and none have fixed the problem.

4 hours ago I had a working Storm with .148 Hybrid by Lyricidal. I made a backup.

Then, reading one of the threads I went in and removed some modules, such as some Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, etc modules. Then I went to reload up my OS with Lyricidal's Hybrid, this time removing Setup Manager (Which I had read on several threads that it was safe to remove).

I now have a phone that loads up to the white screen showing a symbol of a circle with a screen with a circle, square, and triangle in it, all with a slash going through it while saying at the bottom "Reload Software 507"

I followed several links from the Noob Help Guide, such as
    HOW TO FORCE AN OS LOAD:
    The problem with this is #5, when in the apploader, it doesn't show me "unknown". Basically, it doesn't recognize the USB the phone is connected to.

When I follow:
    HOW DO I RECOVER A DEAD BLACKBERRY:
    It again leads me right back to the same place I was before, and the apploader doesn't recognize the phone connected via usb.

I've reconnected the phone to several other usb's but no luck

I also downloaded JL Command but I have a 64 bit Vista computer, and that program won't work with it (maybe 32 bit only?)

Can anyone give me some advice? I'm really panicking.

Thanks
    Well hopefully at this point I would assume you've backed up your contacts...or if not, well, you're okay with not getting any of your stuff back.

I would look at this page and download JL_CMDER http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Wipe the phone using the instructions provided then try to upload the OS.
    05-31-09 06:38 PM
    With JL have you tried running as admin? I know I had trouble getting that to run. Try running as admin and then wiping it and then reinstalling the software. Maybe that'll help (and yes, I read that you've read a bunch of other threads, I'm just trying )
    The JL won't even install into my computer, which I'm assuming is because it's designed for 32 bit while mine is 64

EDIT: DOH, there's a 64 bit version at the bottom. Geez. Trying now.
    05-31-09 06:42 PM
    So I just installed it, and just ran it, and after I complete step 11, it goes right back to the menu in step 8. This only takes about 3 seconds as well, so I don't think my Blackberry is "connecting" when it says "connecting to device"

The blackberry doesn't even show up anywhere on my computer. It's like there's no software or driver that will recognize it.
    05-31-09 06:56 PM
    Yup, i tried some of the other options and I'm pretty sure it's not connecting. It can get energy from the usb so the usb and the cord don't have a problem.
    05-31-09 07:11 PM
    So I just installed it, and just ran it, and after I complete step 11, it goes right back to the menu in step 8. This only takes about 3 seconds as well, so I don't think my Blackberry is "connecting" when it says "connecting to device"

The blackberry doesn't even show up anywhere on my computer. It's like there's no software or driver that will recognize it.
    Does your blackberry state error 507? I have had this issue before. Reboot your pc, stay calm and we will get you back up and running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 07:13 PM
    If you reboot and continue to have recognition problems intall this: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...khh2o+YcglvQ** Select USB and Modem Drivers ENG 4.7 B50

When I had this issue I was forced to remove BB Desktop Manager, all installed device software...reboot and reinstall. This solved my issue with recognition.
    05-31-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks Jason. I'll reboot, retry JL Command and try again.
    05-31-09 07:19 PM
    Thanks Jason. I'll reboot, retry JL Command and try again.
    So I am assuming you do have the 507 reload screen on your storm then...report back if you still can't recognition. Also...if you have access to another computer (i.e. laptop instead of desktop) you could reload through that PC instead.
    05-31-09 07:22 PM
    So I am assuming you do have the 507 reload screen on your storm then...report back if you still can't recognition. Also...if you have access to another computer (i.e. laptop instead of desktop) you could reload through that PC instead.
    Yes, the 507 reload screen is on my Storm Screen, not the JL CMder screen or computer screen. It still doesn't recognize.

I do have a laptop, but it runs vista as well. I guess I'll try the program on that now.
    05-31-09 07:28 PM
    Yes, the 507 reload screen is on my Storm Screen, not the JL CMder screen or computer screen. It still doesn't recognize.

I do have a laptop, but it runs vista as well. I guess I'll try the program on that now.
    I would download and reload RIM usb drivers. Or remove dm and device software and reinstall. Pain in the *** I know. That's why using a second computer may be a good solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 07:31 PM
    AH JEEZ....

So I rebooted, and noticed a little symbol in the lower right hand corner that I hadn't seen before. When I right-hand clicked on it and clicked preferences, the first thing that came up was "Device connection" which said it was disabled for some reason. I have no idea how or why it got disabled, but I enabled it, and it instantly recognized my Backberry. Now I'm reloading the stupid OS. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dumb right now.

Thanks for dealing with an ***** like me.
    05-31-09 07:33 PM
    It's all good...let us know when your up and running so the thread can drop.
    05-31-09 07:36 PM
    EDIT:
    dang. I went to update my software and whaboom. Same error. Now I've done the same steps I did earlier today. Wiped it with JL, and reloaded everything and no go. I'm left with a Brick once again.
    Last edited by Coopsdeloops; 06-01-09 at 04:58 AM.
    05-31-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD