i was upgrading to .99 an it failed now my storm has a red flashing light
    Last edited by punisher135; 02-01-09 at 07:57 PM. Reason: .
    02-01-09 09:47 AM
    Try following the steps here to reload your OS. You might want to downgrade to .90, .86, or.85 then try again.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    02-01-09 09:50 AM
    Try following the steps here to reload your OS. You might want to downgrade to .90, .86, or.85 then try again.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

I've Tired That Already But Nothing
    02-01-09 10:01 AM
    Do you have a white screen or your home screen?
    02-01-09 10:08 AM
    It is always possible to kill your device when updating to an unofficial OS.
    02-01-09 10:08 AM
    It is always possible to kill your device when updating to an unofficial OS.
    Yep. Seems to be hit and miss. Might be a specific app or perhaps a combo. Personally, I'm not much of a thrill seeker. 75 works well enough. I'm on the sidelines waiting for Verizon. Will live vicariously through folks here.
    02-01-09 10:10 AM
    I have thought I had bricked my device on OS .90 update, but it was not the case.
    Try this thread...There is a way to get your OS back.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Don't panic yet. Good luck!
    02-01-09 10:16 AM
    If you are unable to recover from this problem, don't try to go back to the leaked OS. Instead wait for the official version to come out. This will be a much smoother transaction.
    02-01-09 10:43 AM
    If you are unable to recover from this problem, don't try to go back to the leaked OS. Instead wait for the official version to come out. This will be a much smoother transaction.
    Meh, I disagree. you can brick your phone just as easily with an 'official OS' as with an unofficial OS. Waiting is fine, but there is always going to be some risk.
    02-01-09 10:51 AM
    I agree with Itrtiger. I'm going to be patient and wait. to many problems, but I guess that's what you live for.....the thrill.
    02-01-09 10:55 AM
    Meh, I disagree. you can brick your phone just as easily with an 'official OS' as with an unofficial OS. Waiting is fine, but there is always going to be some risk.
    If you brick with an official OS, the carrier replaces the device. If you brick with a leaked beta, they can laugh in your face.
    02-01-09 10:56 AM
    Do you have a white screen or your home screen?
    The Screen Is Black It Doesnt Turn On, Its Just A Blinking Red Light
    02-01-09 11:43 AM
    It's dead. I've had this happen to 2 of my Blackberry's. Go to a Verizon Kiosk and say it crashed when updating your software. Please don't mention any third party apps or leaked OS's. They pulled me up a new one no problem even past my 30 days.
    02-01-09 11:56 AM
    It's dead. I've had this happen to 2 of my Blackberry's. Go to a Verizon Kiosk and say it crashed when updating your software. Please don't mention any third party apps or leaked OS's. They pulled me up a new one no problem even past my 30 days.
    The problem is i didnt buy it from verizon
    02-01-09 12:15 PM
    I had the same issue last night because I ignored the warnings and did the install on windows 7.

The install failed during erasing apps and my phone stopped doing anything but blinking. Luckily that post on recovering a bricked BlackBerry worked like a charm. Then I rebooted to XP and did the install no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 12:37 PM
    Follow the above posts. If that doesnt work you might check with the link in my sig and see if you can ship there and they can try and fix it.
    02-01-09 12:43 PM
    Where did you buy it from?
    02-01-09 01:26 PM
    I had the same issue last night because I ignored the warnings and did the install on windows 7.

The install failed during erasing apps and my phone stopped doing anything but blinking. Luckily that post on recovering a bricked BlackBerry worked like a charm. Then I rebooted to XP and did the install no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Im Running Windows 7 Ultimate, So your saying its because or windows??
    02-01-09 01:26 PM
    Where did you buy it from?
    Unlocked 9530, Ebay
    02-01-09 01:32 PM
    You should have done your homework. Installing with Windows 7 will brick your phone.
    02-01-09 01:42 PM
    Yup... Windows 7 will brick your berry... if you have a PC with XP or anything follow this link...

/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

I don't have 10 posts and it won't let me put url's into posts yet but if you put that after the .com address for crackberry it is a tutorial that might help you fix your Blackberry.

Hope it helps fix your storm.
    02-01-09 01:51 PM
    Basically, yes. From what I've read in a post on here, it's some fault in the USB drivers in Windows 7 that causes it to lose communication. Like I said, mine froze while deleting apps and made me very nervous for about 20 minutes until I remembered there was a brick recovery tutorial on here.
    02-01-09 02:37 PM
    Windows 7 will do that.
    02-01-09 02:40 PM
    Windows 7 will do that.
    I Got It Fixed Its True Windows 7 ultimate does brick your storm

i went to a friends house that had xp and the nuked tutorial work fine
    02-01-09 07:14 PM
    I Got It Fixed Its True Windows 7 ultimate does brick your storm

i went to a friends house that had xp and the nuked tutorial work fine
    02-01-09 07:52 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD