I was backing up my friends phone and it randomly restarted, but it just keeps having the red light come on for about 5 seconds, then the screen lights up, then goes dark again. When I tried to do a wipe, it wouldn't work. Any ideas on how to get this thing to function again?
    11-01-09 08:12 PM
    Did you actually get a backup of the phone done? Have you tried a battery pull?
    11-01-09 08:25 PM
    Yes, the phone did back up and i have pulled the battery out numerous times.
    11-01-09 08:29 PM
    Do you have the phone and a computer in front of you? If so, do you have AIM or Google Talk? If, so PM it to me and let's get it back up.
    11-01-09 08:32 PM
    I was backing up my friends phone and it randomly restarted, but it just keeps having the red light come on for about 5 seconds, then the screen lights up, then goes dark again. When I tried to do a wipe, it wouldn't work. Any ideas on how to get this thing to function again?
    If you're trying to wipe it, you might try BBSAK 1.7 at RimGeeks.com. It works better than the JJCommander (at least in my opinion). If the phone will connect, then just do a 'wipe device', and if it ends up with the '507' error, you should be able to reload your OS and then restore your apps and data. Not sure what OS you're using, but I'm using Verizon's 5.0.0.328 and it works great on my Storm. That said, if you can't get your phone to wipe at all, I'd recommend calling Verizon's tech people because you may need a replacement.
    11-01-09 08:40 PM
    yeah it's not my phone, it's one of my friend's. They have a replacement coming for a different reason, but it's not getting to them until wednesday. Figures this happened to it, but at least she's getting a new one because of the other hardware problem
    11-01-09 10:16 PM
    I had the same problem...went to verizon, they gave me a replacement
    11-01-09 11:38 PM
    well i had a similar issue try going to rim support and click upgrade over the internet it will detect and upgade and you can wipe it afterwards
    11-01-09 11:43 PM
    Similar problem here...

First my escape key crapped out on my, then a day later while trying to upgrade to .328 the upload process failed.

Battery pulls for the most part gave me a very slow flashing red light. Every now and then, after some time, the small clock face would pop up, but usually the screen was just blank. Once I randomly got a white "Reload OS" white screen.

Anyhow... I tried varying methods of wiping and reloading, but could only get so far in the process. I even charged the battery externally, just to be sure I had enough juice. Sunday I took it in to Verizon and without even plugging the battery in, they said "oh, JVM error," they'd replace it.

Problem is, they're telling me all the Storms in my region have been sent back to the black hole for bulk OS uploading, so nobody had units in stock (I checked in at two stores about 30 miles apart, both gave me the same story).

I'm SOL until Tuesday, when I should receive a replacement in the mail.

BTW, I played with the Storm2 while I was there and mostly like it, although the four "buttons" that are now integrated into the screen were somewhat unresponsive -- in particular the green phone and red call end buttons.
    11-02-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD