I was comparing my wife's Storm to mine...and just perusing through the "About" screen under Options, I found one item with different entries:

My unit says Branding Version: 1.0.105.135
    My wife's says Branding Version: 1.0.105.64

I've been upgrading the OS identically for both of our units (which arrived on the same day - Nov 24), but I see this difference. Is there something I did differently to our units? How can I get my wife's "up" to the same branding version as mine (if in fact, mine is newer or better). I ordered 2 identical Storms from Verizon together, with the only difference being she wanted VZNavigator out of the box while I did not include that application.

So why the difference...and what are the implications? She seems to get generally snappier performance (slightly better call reception - more bars, browser speed, etc.) on her phone while my phone itself seems to be more user-friendly (easier screen clicking, navigation, horizontal/vertical accelerometer response). Kind of a tossup... Yet, being Type-A, obsessive-compulsive (as most of this forum is!), I'm determined to keep our phones "identical" in versions. What can I do? What is "branding version" anyways??
    12-08-08 01:44 AM
    Are they manufacutred in the same place?
    12-08-08 01:46 AM
    Both manufactured in Canada. I don't have the box labels handy...so beyond that, I don't know.
    12-08-08 01:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD