Just picked up a storm today, where can i go for a good noob faq? Like change wallpapers and how to maker the caller ID pic be full screen when someone calls. And after i get that done i wanna load up games and apps. I mostly browse the net so anything that could improve that. Should i be looking to upgrade my OS or something? This is my first PDA so take it easy on me
    03-05-09 09:58 PM
    Turn right on Main st and then a quick left on RIM avenue. Lol just messing,

go here and start reading FAQ
    03-05-09 10:00 PM
    Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your storm as much as i do mine. This is a good place to start Good luck!
    03-05-09 10:02 PM
    Yes, upgrade your OS and check out Opera Mini for a browser and Slacker if you like music

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com. Be sure to use the search function, too!
    03-05-09 10:06 PM
    Welcome to the addiction and welcome to crack berry. Make sure to load the mobile crack berry application to your berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 10:06 PM
    Welcome! Read everything you can on here and ask the experts when you can't find it. You will love it here!
    03-05-09 10:10 PM
    How do I intall apps i download anyway? Can i download them on my PC then put them on my phone? or do i have to download it via the phone
    03-05-09 10:51 PM
    Use the SEARCH!!! it will answer all your questions because they have all been asked before
    03-05-09 10:53 PM
    Try starting in the Newbies area, you will see it on the bar at the top of the page, then read, read, read and search first if you have questions.
    03-05-09 10:53 PM
    How do I intall apps i download anyway? Can i download them on my PC then put them on my phone? or do i have to download it via the phone
    Depends on the application. Most will provide some information regarding how to download, but if it referenced OTA or the file is a .jad file then you should download directly to your phone. If it is an .alx file or a zip file, then you would download to your computer and install via DM (Desktop Manager)
    03-05-09 10:56 PM
    I am new too like my 3rd or 4th day on crack berry like alot of them say welcome to the addiction!! There d*** right about it being a addiction I was on crack berry the frist day for like 9 hours reading and asking some stuff. But mostly reading and downloading the cool stuff that every one talks about on the main page every day I went all the wa back to the day the storm came like 24 pages of stuff. So good luck once you get use to use that bad boy bb you will love it I fell in love before I joind this site!!!!!!
    03-05-09 11:01 PM
    I'm just trying to figure it all out, i really should be sleeping for school tomorrow

Silly question, how do i close apps? I have the face book app and cant figure out how to close it
    Last edited by DemoKnight; 03-05-09 at 11:15 PM.
    03-05-09 11:11 PM
    while you're in the program press the blackberry menu key (the button that has the blackberry symbol next to your green call button) and in the menu there should be a option to close. Some programs will automatically close when you press and hold the escape key (the arrow next to the end call button).

*EDIT* Also if you press and hold the menu key from your main menu it will give you a list of running apps. Some are meant to stay open such as phone, home screen, blackberry messenger, etc.
    03-05-09 11:23 PM
    is the facebook one always meant to stay open? Also i tried to install a few other apps, Like Weatherbug for example and it downloads then restarts the phone but after that i cant find it in the application menu. Where is it?
    Last edited by DemoKnight; 03-05-09 at 11:59 PM.
    03-05-09 11:29 PM
    you should check out the blackberry storm WIKI.. it is a comprehensive site of many things!!

link in my sig
    03-06-09 03:14 AM
    wow this helps, but i dont know what half of you are talking about!
    03-21-09 03:50 PM
    welcome, be sure to read up in the 101 lecture series, lots to learn!
    03-21-09 03:51 PM
    facebook doesnt have to stay open. Just make sure u have emails from your facebook account pushed to your phone
    03-21-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD