03-05-09 06:59 PM
31 12
tools
    I am boycotting this post
    Nice contribution. This lounge is a joke. It goes against all of CBs goals and regulations. Have fun in Hamsterdam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:37 PM
    You are completely right you caught me "crying". Congrats. Feel better?
    Yep.

10carrots
    03-05-09 03:54 PM
    Boycott an official upgrade, that will guarantee you help from your provider in case you need troubleshooting, and stick with firmware you shouldnt even be loading in the first place?

I dont think you have a fighting chance on this one. To ask you bluntly, and respectfully, what did you expect from this question? Assuming you could ask this to all 1.2mil storm owners, do you expect even a 1% turnout for agreement with you?
    03-05-09 06:21 PM
    dar dar dar darr dar dar
    03-05-09 06:30 PM
    Now that I've gotten everyone's attention here are my two cents:

Why is everyone begging for an "Official" OS release? No matter what is released on CB we will all load it regardless (well the ones that want improvement that is). An official release just benefits the masses who are unaware that progress is being made to begin with. We ARE aware of this progress and are benefiting from it regardless of if it is an official release or not.

Secondly, I DO NOT want an official release solely for this reason; After an OS is "Officially" released the development shifts from a focus on stability to a focus on speed. .75 was very stable. But the first few betas after it were not. Hence an increased focus on speed over stability. Currently the betas continue to become more and more stable while managing to slowly improve speed. I like this, A LOT. My fear is that if an "official" release does come out the betas will shift back to vicious cycle of speed over stability. This means that the people who aren't happy with the "official" release (guaranteed someone on CB will find bugs and demand better) will have to wait through a long list of sub-par betas before the speed goal is then met so that the developers can focus more on stability.

So EVERYONE lets be happy with the leaked releases here on CB because they are continuing to get better and better. Let's all just relax and enjoy our ride on the BETA Train.
    This makes no sense at all... The official will be way better than the leaks.... You do realize that we are way behind in the os than what rim is testing now.... And the official has nothing to do with how they work on it , the official is just a version good enough to be okayed by your carrier, so whether its officual or not doesn't matter nearl as much as you think, rim knows its not perfect and they just keep working on making it better ....so whether its official or not its better than what we got now.

03-05-09 06:37 PM
    HAHA you are a genius. There proves the point of my original post. I complained because the first betas after the official are TERRIBLE, the recent ones are not. That is why i do not want another Official. Thank you Paul for reiterating my point.
    So you really want them to not officially release anything because what come directly after isn't so great?....Ya so those builds weren't as great as you wanted , but they were still better than .75 in most peoples opinion.... Also what's the point for rim if they aren't trying to get their builds perfect enough to be officially released.... Also if this happened then every build we got would technically be considered an official release

03-05-09 06:59 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD