Now that I've gotten everyone's attention here are my two cents:

Why is everyone begging for an "Official" OS release? No matter what is released on CB we will all load it regardless (well the ones that want improvement that is). An official release just benefits the masses who are unaware that progress is being made to begin with. We ARE aware of this progress and are benefiting from it regardless of if it is an official release or not.

Secondly, I DO NOT want an official release solely for this reason; After an OS is "Officially" released the development shifts from a focus on stability to a focus on speed. .75 was very stable. But the first few betas after it were not. Hence an increased focus on speed over stability. Currently the betas continue to become more and more stable while managing to slowly improve speed. I like this, A LOT. My fear is that if an "official" release does come out the betas will shift back to vicious cycle of speed over stability. This means that the people who aren't happy with the "official" release (guaranteed someone on CB will find bugs and demand better) will have to wait through a long list of sub-par betas before the speed goal is then met so that the developers can focus more on stability.

So EVERYONE lets be happy with the leaked releases here on CB because they are continuing to get better and better. Let's all just relax and enjoy our ride on the BETA Train.
    03-05-09 02:07 PM
    I am a heavy BES user, and I can't afford to load a beta OS that may screw up some functionality that I need.

Contrary to your belief that everyone loads the new beta�s, I think more people stick with the �official� release than upgrade to the leaked versions.

The people in my email administration department would get tired real fast of reactivating my BES account if I were to upgrade my OS every 10 to 14 days when a new leak appears.

No boycott for me!
    03-05-09 02:18 PM
    Well that was 30 seconds of my life that I won't get back, thanks!!

Seriously, what is your point here? The betas I installed were each faster and more stable than previous versions. Of course there will be a point when the speed and stability will be acceptable to most everyone, and at that point the focus will shift to ironing out bugs and adding features. Thats just how things work with software.
    03-05-09 02:19 PM
    Same here no boycott!!!!
    03-05-09 02:21 PM
    wrong, try again.

try looking at the big picture. you sound like a selfish little kid who wants someone at their beckon call working non-stop just for you. i know its hard to understand, but there are tons and tons of blackberry users who use this phone for BUSINESS. users with jobs and responsibility who dont have time to update every 10 or 15 days when a leaked OS comes out to see if various problems are fixed.

if an official OS comes out, whenever it does.. it should fix pretty much every problem we've found. (at least thats what makes sense to me, considering they are taking their time on this) hopefully by then storm users wont need to be constantly hitting refresh on their browser, waiting for the next build to be leaked in hopes for a fast, stable, bug-free OS.
    03-05-09 02:31 PM
    After an OS is "Officially" released the development shifts from a focus on stability to a focus on speed.
    Glad to know we have an insider that knows EXACTLY how RIM's development process works. /sarcasm

Your logic is so backwards, that it doesn't really warrant a response.
    03-05-09 02:31 PM
    The people in my email administration department would get tired real fast of reactivating my BES account if I were to upgrade my OS every 10 to 14 days when a new leak appears.
    You do not need to reactivate after each upgrade if you use DM and DM can connect to your mail system at the time of the upgrade. I used to think that you had to reactivate as well but you don't. I have not reactivated since .75 and I have loaded all of the leaked betas. You need to upgrade through DM and be connected to your mail system either at work or through a VPN connection to bypass the activation.
    03-05-09 02:32 PM
    Ok folks but don't you dare come crying on CB about how bad the initial Betas are released after the official.

*Storm Owner's Lounge? How on earth is this not a discussion about the latest Beta OS's?
    03-05-09 02:32 PM
    wrong, try again.

try looking at the big picture. you sound like a selfish little kid who wants someone at their beckon call working non-stop just for you. i know its hard to understand, but there are tons and tons of blackberry users who use this phone for BUSINESS. users with jobs and responsibility who dont have time to update every 10 or 15 days when a leaked OS comes out to see if various problems are fixed.

if an official OS comes out, whenever it does.. it should fix pretty much every problem we've found. (at least thats what makes sense to me, considering they are taking their time on this) hopefully by then storm users wont need to be constantly hitting refresh on their browser, waiting for the next build to be leaked in hopes for a fast, stable, bug-free OS.
    Wow, what disrespect. You have no idea who I am as a person from one post. The users on this site are going downhill, fast.
    03-05-09 02:42 PM
    If my phone doesn't work on my official OS, I can take it to Verizon and they are obligated to get me a new phone that works. If I bring them an unofficial OS, they would likely tell me that it's my fault for installing and unofficial OS which obviously has not been deemed stable by Verizon.
    03-05-09 02:46 PM
    Ok folks but don't you dare come crying on CB about how bad the initial Betas are released after the official.
    Oh, you mean like you did after they released .75, Mr. Content?

I am just sick of this Media Card issue. I was running .86 and I had to pull the battery like 12 times before the Verizon screen of death would go away. After that I had to downgrade to .75. Until this issue is fixed I dont think I'll be upgrading anytime soon. Whats the point in having a phone if when it turns on you cant use it?
    03-05-09 02:48 PM
    Oh, you mean like you did after they released .75, Mr. Content?
    HAHA you are a genius. There proves the point of my original post. I complained because the first betas after the official are TERRIBLE, the recent ones are not. That is why i do not want another Official. Thank you Paul for reiterating my point.
    Last edited by parkster705; 03-05-09 at 02:54 PM.
    03-05-09 02:51 PM
    Wow, what disrespect. You have no idea who I am as a person from one post. The users on this site are going downhill, fast.
    you're right, i don't. tell me why its better for large businesses to have all their users update their blackberries every 2 weeks because one little bug has been fixed and its 1% faster?
    03-05-09 02:55 PM
    HAHA you are a genius. There proves the point of my original post. The first beta after the official are TERRIBLE, the recent ones are not. Thank you Paul for reiterating my point.
    My emphasis was on YOU crying on CB, not the crappy betas.
    I highly doubt the so called "Gold Code" is going to be released for quite sometime now...so no matter what you would like to do...you don't have to worry about a boycott for a lonnnnng time.
    What is your point? Are you telling yourself not to come onto CB crying about the betas? I really don't think Blackberry is going to drop the ball after an official release. I think they will continue to work on bugs, speed, and stability.
    03-05-09 03:02 PM
    My emphasis was on YOU crying on CB, not the crappy betas.
    You are completely right you caught me "crying". Congrats. Feel better?

Still doesn't change my OP.
    03-05-09 03:05 PM
    What is your point? Are you telling yourself not to come onto CB crying about the betas? I really don't think Blackberry is going to drop the ball after an official release. I think they will continue to work on bugs, speed, and stability.
    Huh? They already did drop the ball after an official release. .85, .86, etc.
    03-05-09 03:06 PM
    Huh? They already did drop the ball after an official release. .85, .86, etc.
    you act like this is some kind of pattern. so there were a couple buggy betas, big deal. they are betas and thus, not intended for your use anyways.
    03-05-09 03:15 PM
    Good luck with the boycott....PM me if you want to know how great the official release is when it comes out...............
    03-05-09 03:17 PM
    you act like this is some kind of pattern. so there were a couple buggy betas, big deal. they are betas and thus, not intended for your use anyways.
    Just like the last one .109 and it is stable and fast. I BELIEVE that there is a pattern, please re-read the original post.
    03-05-09 03:19 PM
    This Storm Owner's Lounge is ridiculous. When posts don't count people disregard the Rules of CB and say whatever they want.

Moderators can sleep easier when they move a thread into here because they dont have to do any work when the rules don't exist.

This "Lounge" is exactly like Hamsterdam on the Wire.
    03-05-09 03:26 PM
    Just like the last one .109 and it is stable and fast. I BELIEVE that there is a pattern, please re-read the original post.
    there has been ONE official release (for each carrier). thats one occurrence, how is that enough information to claim a pattern?
    03-05-09 03:27 PM
    I am boycotting this post
    03-05-09 03:33 PM
    Hamsterdam
    hahahaha that's amazing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 03:34 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD