Hi, im new to the forum, mainly joined to seek some help from people with greater knowledge then me. I am now a happy and proud owner of BB storm 2 9550, (well atm i am semi-happy). My storm has one issue, which i could not find in any other posts here, the bottom portion of the screen clicks waaay too soft, barely have to apply any pressure (and while typing, even double or triple clicks with almost no pressure applied), from the middle ways up the screen clicks very crisp and firmly (the way i like it). Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can try?
    05-08-10 12:49 PM
    Does this occur intermittently? I had a similar issue that would occur maybe twice a day. The VZW store tech told me that is was "normal", but I discovered that if I moved the phone to cause it to switch to portrait then back to landscape modes, it would fix it.
    05-08-10 01:40 PM
    unfortunately it does it all the time, and yeah, of course verizon also told me it was normal, im not happy at all, its way too easy to click and not to mention it sounds cheap. I wonder if different OS would solve the problem, i have not tried applying the tape to the back of the battery cover yet, as some people suggest. Although i dont think we should have to fix a ~ $600 dollar phone with tape, i am all for ghetto engineering sometimes, as it does work well in some cases.

But at the current moment i am trying to find the best solution for my case, as the phone works great minus this one problem.
    05-08-10 01:59 PM
    You may have tried this but did you take out the battery for thirty seconds to see if that helps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 06:50 PM
    You may have tried this but did you take out the battery for thirty seconds to see if that helps?

no, i have not tried that. Do i need to take it out while the phone is on, or cut the phone off first?
    05-08-10 08:39 PM
    I have that same issue but my bottom of the screen where the call, BB icon, back and end button are, are really tough to push. Not sure if that is normal...when i answer a call i have to push a little higher then the green answer button.
    05-08-10 09:24 PM
    Battery pull is done with the phone powered on.

Another fix some have reported as working is to tighten or loosen the torx screws in the back. One is exposed and can easily be adjusted. The other is under a white vinyl frangible sticker and if you tear or remove the sticker you void the warranty.

05-08-10 09:46 PM
    What OS are you running? It does have an affect on the SurePress.

05-09-10 04:41 AM
    You should mention VZW about the screen recall on S2. If your bottom key is hard to press or screen clicking back, RIM should replace it for you. Any storm made from Feb 22,2010 has updated screen.

05-09-10 06:48 AM
    i am running .607, where can i find the mf date?
    05-09-10 03:06 PM
    i am running .607, where can i find the mf date?
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2010/03/05/rumor-blackberry-storm2-getting-improved-touchscreen-and-recall/

Last edited by Roweazie; 05-09-10 at 03:23 PM.
    05-09-10 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD