Well i am on one of the many replacements i just got and everything works great except the only thing is the menu key, every time you put finger on it, It makes a noise like if you took a piece of tape and rolled it so all sides are sticky then put it between something to have it hold on to something and it makes that little noise like the adhesive is touching then not kinda noise. All Buttons are attached tight and not loose i checked that, The click screen works awsome and audio is great so wondering what would you do.????
    01-08-09 03:07 AM
    I got the same problem. Mine is from mexico, the replacement that is. I think its poorly made. I think its the edge of the buttons making that sound. Me end key rubs the return key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 03:14 AM
    does the button work?
    01-08-09 03:15 AM
    I must have gotten a GREAT storm. I dont have half the problems I hear people talk about. The worst thing I had to do was loosen up those screws in the back to get the screen a little looser to make the click screen work better. Other than that my buttons on the bottom work fine, and I just put my ear to them, they don't make any sticky tape sound either. Sorry fella.
    01-08-09 03:19 AM
    My replacement from Mexico is the same way. I'm trying to ignore the sound.

01-08-09 03:28 AM
    I got the same problem. Mine is from mexico, the replacement that is. I think its poorly made. I think its the edge of the buttons making that sound. Me end key rubs the return key.

This happens to me too. It only makes that noise
    on the end key and nothing else. I was thinking about
    returning it, but with it being such a minor flaw I don't
    really know if it's worth it.
    01-08-09 06:06 AM
    I don't know about all of that, but sometimes when I press the menu button in it sounds like there are little grains of sand in the crevices. Perhaps it's the same prob.

01-08-09 07:48 AM
    Mine did the same thing (end key noise). Also, the top and bottom plastic bezels made that noise when you touch them lightly. When I had the phone up to my ear and was walking, it would make a clicking noise in my ear with every step (holy annoying, batman!). Called for the loose bezel + dust in the screen, and they replaced it.
    01-08-09 07:52 AM
    the noise could be coming from the screen protecter...if its not alined 100%
    01-08-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD