I just noticed an icon in my Downloads folder called Boot Free Stub. I ran a search of the site and only found 2 threads. One thread called it an unknown application and said that app loader could delete it. The other thread says it means the GPS is turned on. Any ideas how it got there and what it really is. I am running .75 recently downgraded from .83.

I did mess with quick pull yesterday and could not get it to reboot. I currently have both quick pull and Soft reset loaded. Could that be part of the problem?
    01-01-09 09:22 PM
    Yes app loader found it as un recognized item and removed it. Found articles on Pin stack also no one seems to know where it comes from but app loader removes it. Posted reply to myself since Mods moved this over to third party before anyone had a chance to read. Hopefully this will help when someone else has the problem and does a search. NOT sure at this time If this is an OS or Third party app problem.
    01-01-09 09:42 PM
    You may want to check with SMobileSystems, the anti-virus company for BB. They have told me about a couple of viruses for the BB and this sounds similar to what they described. The fact that it appears in the Download folder and no one knows what it is makes me suspicious. 73
    01-04-09 01:48 AM
    This is an issue that many of us have encountered. Search the forum and you'll find your answer. Read this entire thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unus...eestub-101723/
    Last edited by dotrob; 01-04-09 at 07:18 AM.
    01-04-09 07:13 AM
    I have the same exact issue. And I to recently installed quick pull. I had a problem with it earlier today. It went to a white screen instead of rebooting. I've had the boot stub since then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 04:06 PM
    I actually got this last night for the first time in my download folder and it followed a quickpull mess up. Once I used quickpull again to reboot it was gone.
    01-18-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD