Who uses Bolt on the Storm? Is it compatible with the Storm? What are your impressions?
    05-25-09 12:14 PM
    I've downloaded it it works on the storm... I just didn't like it so I uninstalled I'm just going to stick with the bb browser I'm going to try opera mini soon herd its faster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:25 PM
    i tried it too. wasnt impressed with the interface. kept it around for a few weeks to try to get used to it but to no avail. deletion.
    05-25-09 12:33 PM
    Bolt vs Blackberry Browser

Bolt wins.

The pure speed of Bolt is what makes me stay with it. Ive heard Opera is pretty good too, but I am happy with Bolt. I am not sure why other people hate it. It does what i want, so it stays
    05-25-09 12:47 PM
    I wasn't crazy about Bolt at all. I've been using Opera Mini cuz its faster than the BB browser.

05-25-09 01:23 PM
    I like the Bolt browser, its head and shoulders above the BB browser. Much faster and Yahoo will render properly, unlike with the native BB browser.
    05-25-09 01:26 PM
    I've had both bolt and opera mini...Not too impressed with either...although in my opinion, opera mini is the quicker of the two...holding fast with the bb browser for now...
    05-25-09 01:52 PM
    I've used bb browser, opera mini, and bolt and of the three, I like Bolt the best. I play mafia wars on facebook quite a bit and it is the only browser tha correctly renders the site. Opera was usable on facebook, but sometimes links were buggy. I also like how in bolt you have to select the link twice. It prevents selecting the wrong link with clumsy fingers. Splut screen is also handy when you want to scroll around fast.
    05-25-09 01:54 PM
    I've had both bolt and opera mini...Not too impressed with either...although in my opinion, opera mini is the quicker of the two...holding fast with the bb browser for now...
    me too im sticking with the native browser. i still keep opera installed though. seems like CB renders better on opera. but this site is about the only thing i use it for. my personal opinion is if it takes me longer to properly click a link then the browser itself is slower, doesnt matter if it renders a page faster or not. some people (like me) are just clumsy with 3rd party browsers. i can get to where i want to be quicker with the BB browser.
    to the OP... just download it and form your own conclusion.
    05-25-09 02:03 PM
    i have bolt on my storm and it is much faster than the regular browser and the scrolling is much easier. the zoom on it is not near as effective however and clicking on smaller links on a page proves to be somewhat difficult. i use it for certain things but tend to favor the regular browser just for its ease of use.
    05-25-09 02:15 PM
    Hopefully we can get a developer or two to check out this thread and come up with a browser than includes the good in all three options...Id'e rather have an all in one browser than a farting app any day and wouldn't mind paying a couple of dollars for it...
    05-25-09 03:11 PM
    Hopefully we can get a developer or two to check out this thread and come up with a browser than includes the good in all three options...Id'e rather have an all in one browser than a farting app any day and wouldn't mind paying a couple of dollars for it...
    Ya but a farting app is much easier to make lol

05-25-09 03:51 PM
    I loved opera on my old curve. Opera is hands down better than the curve browser. I don't know about Bolt. I would love to see the 5.0 browser. I think we'll get some google docs support with it. I would love to see bookmark sync from the desktop and faster java support. Flash?
    05-26-09 12:29 AM
    Downloaded bolt after only using opera. Opera is 10x faster. I ended up deleting bolt because I would lose all service when it tried to load the page.

05-26-09 01:08 AM
    Who of those that do not like it have used Bolt since the last patch? First patch I did not like it, but I tried it again when the last patch came out. I like it for when I can not see some sites correctly on the BB browser. Give it another try if you have not used it in a while.
    05-26-09 03:38 PM
    Does anyone have problems with Bolt getting stuck rendering at 20% for a while?

05-26-09 03:43 PM
    this has been happening since Bolt first came out
    05-26-09 03:58 PM
    Lately, bolt has been hanging longer and longer at 20%. It always stops for a second, but more and more now it hangs there for a lot longer then the page loads.

I have to admit the rendering of bolt is better, but opera mini 4.2 is faster. Also with opera mini if you go to the crackberry website it does not display all the pictures correctly on the page. I wish opera would correct that!
    05-26-09 05:11 PM
    Who uses Bolt on the Storm? Is it compatible with the Storm? What are your impressions?
    The Bolt browser has some quirks but is kind of decent on the Storm. Hopefully the next version will be on point. I keep it just for one particular site. Its supposed to be super fast but its not. If your looking for speed, Opera Mini is the move. It moves so fast that you would think your connected to DSL. Try them both and see which one you prefer or get them both like I did.
    05-26-09 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD