02-17-09 11:19 AM
36 12
tools
    I did. I've got the link and downloaded the browser. The problem starts when I wanna use it to brows the internet.
    02-14-09 11:53 AM
    How secure is this browser? Can I check sensitive stuff like credit cards, banking, MyVerizon?
    02-14-09 11:59 AM
    Is Bolt faster than miniOpera?
    02-14-09 12:15 PM
    The browser is pretty secure. bolt isn't for me, I didn't like the weird magnification of the browser page (s) and the pointing cursor wasnt easy for me to use. The type was too small for me to click on it with my finger, I guess my hands are just too big. I'll stick with the BB browser for now, if anything else comes out that isn't a beta, then I'll consider trying it out!
    02-14-09 12:30 PM
    I have to say I WAS a huge fan of Bolt due to the speed over BB Browser. However, it was a bit iffy, it worked fine but had little annoyances such as:

- Clicking enter new URL keeps the current website typed out, so you have to backspace through sometimes huge URLs
    - Typing a website like TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics auto corrects to www.tiger direct.ca
    - It can be a little bit hard to click small items
    - The magnification is annoying and seems to turn on at random

I downloaded Opera Mini for fun and WOW I Love it! It's just as fast as bolt I find. I'd never have considered using my phone to ever surf the web since it's usually painful but with Opera I really enjoy it. I find bolt rendered pages better though, like Opera on sites like CNN where there's a long toolbar across the top, it seems to compact it and what not, but for the most part I find you can use it to surf like normal.
    02-17-09 08:44 AM
    Is Bolt faster than miniOpera?
    No way.

I'm running OS .99 and Opera is like way faster then Bolt. Also Bolt won't let me download anything, Opera allows anything to be downloaded.

James
    02-17-09 08:49 AM
    Just realized my last post makes no sense, looks like this forum takes a website and then writes the title or sometihng? I didn't actually write that huge sentence about tigerdirect lol was trying to highlight tigerdirect.ca versus tiger direct.ca.

I'm running .76 I find them very similar in speed, Bolt may be 1-2 seconds faster than Opera but it's not noticeable.

Maybe my phones a weird one but I'm not leaving .76. My first storm froze non stop was a piece of crap so many problems so I put .90 on it and it was soooo fast and much better, then I swapped it for a new phone since it was acting up, the new one has .76 on it and runs amazing no issues at all. I had tried a leaked OS and it lasted a day before I had so many problems so I'm sticking with .76.
    02-17-09 09:21 AM
    Also Bolt won't let me download anything, Opera allows anything to be downloaded.

James
    How do you download with opera mini?
    02-17-09 10:08 AM
    I'm running 103 and this is my first experience with Bolt and I find it slow and buggy. It randomly changes to split screen mode and pages load slower than the BB browser it seems. I find clicking links is a pain like others have mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:48 AM
    Bolt works fine for me on .75. Still waiting for the official OS.
    02-17-09 10:58 AM
    I personally find it hard to use. I want to click links. Also I like the bbb press magnification.
    I also don't like how pages float side to side when scrolling.
    It is fast, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 11:19 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD