02-17-09 11:19 AM
36 12
tools
    I downloaded the beta of Bolt this morning and wow it's soooo fast, it loads pages almost as fast as my high speed at home. The blackberry browser is okay and is accurate, but just slow. I always said though I'd prefer quality over speed, but with Bolt you type in an address wait maybe 5 seconds and the whole page just appears it's so fast. Very impressed!
    02-09-09 09:49 AM
    Yeah, Bolt is really fast. The only issues I have with it are that the pointing can be a little difficult for accuracy and that after using it, SureType is always turned off. Other than that it is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 09:55 AM
    I was just going to say that, pointing can be a pain in the ***! Especially trying to select a little check box it jumps around. Not sure about SureType I haven't had issues with it being turned off?
    02-09-09 09:56 AM
    I'm getting a '907 Invalid JAR, HTTP Error 413:Request Entity Too Large' dialog box when trying to download this app to my Blackberry Storm 9530. Has anyone seen this before? I'm running the newest .100 OS and everything else appears to be running fine (awesome)...
    02-09-09 12:02 PM
    this is now my preferred method of outside proxy web surfing. now that it actually works in the uk, im always on bolt, buzzing about all my favs
    02-09-09 12:37 PM
    I heard it wasnt that good!
    02-09-09 01:47 PM
    Pointing and clicking is difficult enough on the BB browser.

I can only imagine what constitutes "annoying" with Bolt
    02-09-09 01:59 PM
    Yeah, it's weird, maybe it is just my phone, but everytime I am on Bolt and I get a text, I start typing and realize SureType is off. It's weird. Not a huge deal though, I never looked into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:18 PM
    If Bolt disables SureType for good, I'll get Bolt for that alone.
    02-09-09 02:26 PM
    Hey I see what you mean now. What happens is suretype works, you use Bolt, and then you switch to a progam later which still "shows" it's in suretype, but it's actually multitap. You have to click application and click enable suretype. That's it though. Otherwise it's amazing. When we say its hard to click, clicking links isn't it's more if you're on a website where you have to click a checkbox which is already super tiny. I don't have much issue clicking links though. Either way it's completely worth it, it's amazingly fast. It goes from having a browser that's nice for convenience if you need it, to actually wanting to surf the web on my phone when bored. Remember it's only a beta I'm sure it will get beter. I'm running .75.
    02-09-09 03:46 PM
    Ugh... I can only think that this is a sign of everyone needing to try new and different apps for their storm in a black hole of app availablity.

After a couple days of trying to use bolt I'm convinced it will be the only browser available to me in H-E-double hockey sticks. To each their own, I guess!
    02-09-09 03:54 PM
    Lol h e double hockey sticks? Not sure what that means but I'd never use the bb browser after bolt, can't wait to see the final product though. Only gripe I have mostly is with text entry, it treats text boxes and web URLS as words, so if I type TigerDirect.ca - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics for example, it makes it www.tiger direct.ca so you have to be careful about that, even in landscape. I just like how when a page appears, it's totally done loading. Seems like no page takes longer than 5-6 seconds to actually appear.
    02-09-09 04:07 PM
    family friendly forum, wouldn't let me type h3ll
    i agree bolt is way quicker, but my problem is with the single click interface. with my fat fingers it seems like i always hit the wrong link. do you think the BB browser speed will get better when they officially release a new OS? or is BB browser performance any better with the leaked OSs?
    02-11-09 01:07 PM
    has anyone else had problems installing OTA files using bolt
    02-11-09 03:15 PM
    After upgrading to OS .103, I'm back to the older version of Bolt.

Bolt had previously prompted me to upgrade. How would I go about upgrading now?

All I really want from the new version is the back button to work again.
    02-11-09 03:32 PM
    02-11-09 03:53 PM
    Referral code is "berryreview" sorry about that
    02-11-09 03:59 PM
    I'm not really noticing any speed difference.

The default magnification is annoying.

Navigating and editing Favorites is a complete pain. They need to make the "click" go to the website instead of just the touch.

They also need to bring in using the Enter key to go to URLs instead of having to hit Menu, Menu, Menu after everything you want to do.

And yes, the pointing is very annoying.

I'm not seeing anything that's blowing my skirt up here, gentlemen.
    02-13-09 03:33 AM
    What OS are you running, I'm on .76. It's night and day, eBay for example in Bolt loads in maybe 3 seconds, on BB Browser it's about 15 or so.
    02-13-09 08:39 AM
    I do agree that the bolt is faster. Having tried the original bb browser and opera mini - hands down bolt is much quicker, most pages just take a few seconds to load.

Using Bolt 0.83 and a Storm 9530 v.103
    02-13-09 09:13 AM
    What OS are you running, I'm on .76. It's night and day, eBay for example in Bolt loads in maybe 3 seconds, on BB Browser it's about 15 or so.
    Bolt 83 and Storm 103
    02-13-09 12:59 PM
    Maybe that's why, not sure but for me its a huge huge difference. Bolt just needs some polishing, like when you click enter URL it posts the entire URL of the page your on and you have to erase it all, and it trys to auto correct your spelling as you type a website which it should ignore on a URL box. I think it has tons of potential though once polished up.
    02-13-09 01:12 PM
    Can you dl larger files from hosts like megaupload and rapidshare using bolt ? I can't do it with the default browser or opera mini
    02-13-09 01:22 PM
    I downloaded the beta of Bolt this morning and wow it's soooo fast, it loads pages almost as fast as my high speed at home. The blackberry browser is okay and is accurate, but just slow. I always said though I'd prefer quality over speed, but with Bolt you type in an address wait maybe 5 seconds and the whole page just appears it's so fast. Very impressed!
    I've downloaded Bolt a few times already. Is not working for me. Any time I try to get a link it tells me some error, either can't find the remote host or if I continue the process it will terminate or something the browser. I chose continue anyhow then it stops working.
    I have tried to go to different webpages many times it never ever took me there.
    Any idea what's wrong?
    02-13-09 09:27 PM
    I believe the link is only good for one time after that you need to register again to get a new link for downloading.
    Last edited by jelp2; 02-13-09 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling :)
    02-13-09 09:31 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD