alright, so i downloaded the beta bolt browser assuming it would be compatible with the storm, however im not so sure after using it. The optical mouse does not work at all.. so my question is if this browser was made only for the bold. Anybody else tried on the storm and had any luck?
    01-17-09 09:49 AM
    Moved. Bolt is a 3rd party application, so this thread belongs in the Storms' 3rd party apps subforum.
    01-17-09 09:51 AM
    The optical mouse doesn't work the same as the blackberry browser the bolt browser is awesome. Fast very much anticipating a storm release!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 09:53 AM
    Just a waste like opera when will the delv. Learns there's a large touchscreen\clickable screen

01-17-09 09:56 AM
    alright, i kinda figured it wasnt geared towards the storm after playing with it last night. but man that browser is fast, rendering is fantastic.
    01-17-09 10:01 AM
    Just a waste like opera when will the delv. Learns there's a large touchscreen\clickable screen

I agree. Tried it for a bit and just deleted it. Not worth having at the moment.
    01-17-09 10:01 AM
    agreed.hard to belive they left out one of the biggest phones to release in the last year
    01-17-09 10:12 AM
    I'm using Bolt to post this. Gotta say, I really like it. Yeah, there's definitely room for improvement, but so far, I like what I see.
    01-17-09 10:16 AM
    Its not optimized for the Storm but of the 3 browsers available the Bolt browser is my favorite. Its fast, renders pages PC style with speed. Sure there there are a few quirks that keep it from being great. Hopefully they'll iron it out for the storm once the officially version is released.
    01-17-09 10:22 AM
    Also agreed. It turned my sure type keyboard even with the browser being closed into multitap.. It was fast and I loved the actual % status bar on the screen for loading pages.
    01-17-09 10:28 AM
    The thing which makes me like Bolt over the iPhone w/ Mobile Safari and the Storm with Opera Mini is because when you highlight a link it doesn't click unless you pick up your finger. This means if you put your finger down to scroll on a link and then move the page up or down, it doesn't click/register. From what I can tell with my time using the iPhone and Mobile Safari, it will click as soon as you tap a link.

All that said, just for pure accuracy's sake, I hope they release one with the click technology soon.

Also agreed. It turned my sure type keyboard even with the browser being closed into multitap.. It was fast and I loved the actual % status bar on the screen for loading pages.

Are you sure that was Bolt? Mine has been stuck in multitap ever since upgrading to .86
    Last edited by CSSVT; 01-17-09 at 10:44 AM.
    01-17-09 10:30 AM
    I am still on .75 and a battery pull did not fix it.. After deleting the browser all is well.. Kind of sucks because I did enjoy the browser.

For clarification it still showed the SureType keyboard but it changed it to a multitap format.. Talk about weird.
    01-17-09 12:52 PM
    Downloaded the app OK, but whenever I enter a URL, nothing loads. It just goes back to the home screen. Tried uninstall/reinstall, soft reset, hard reset - same outcome.

Anyone have ideas on how to get it working? Thanks.
    01-17-09 01:28 PM
    I am still on .75 and a battery pull did not fix it.. After deleting the browser all is well.. Kind of sucks because I did enjoy the browser.

For clarification it still showed the SureType keyboard but it changed it to a multitap format.. Talk about weird.
    I basically found that Bolt and the rest of my storm work opposite with suretype and multitap. meaning if SureType is enabled normally, when I go to Bolt, its in multitap format, but exactly like you said, in the SureType keyboard. If I click enable multitap while typing in Bolt, then when I go back out to other apps, they are in multitap format.... with the SureType keyboard. But for me its just easily fixed by re-enabling multitap outside of the Bolt. So there's a lot of enabling multitap going on in my world. Kludgey, but it works. :-p
    01-19-09 10:10 PM
    I'm startin to like it! Replaced opera for me. Definitely some bugs with the storm touchscreen, but for a beta its pretty solid.
    01-19-09 10:17 PM
    alright, so i downloaded the beta bolt browser assuming it would be compatible with the storm, however im not so sure after using it. The optical mouse does not work at all.. so my question is if this browser was made only for the bold. Anybody else tried on the storm and had any luck?
    Same. Problem I couldn't move thepuse at all but I saw some one else quith bolt browser with storm that used OT fine don't know what is wrong with it

12-11-09 03:33 PM
    Sorry to bring an old thread, but I just tried BOLT, and I don't like how it looks on Storm (small text). And the mouse system that is so hard to use.

I also don't like how it just uses a touch as a click, rather than utilize the surepress technology.
    Are there going to be any updates?

Going to try Opera Mini.
    06-06-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD