Hey guys,

So I installed the Bolt browser on my storm. I love it. Even though it can use some improvements for the storm, the accuracy in the clicking and the speed is way better than the original browser.

Question though: How can I make BOLT my default browser. When I receive emails with links, I want them to open in BOLT and not in the BB browser. Any help?!
    01-17-09 12:00 AM
    sorry i dont think bolt does that yet, maybe if bolt comes out with a newer version or something.
    Last edited by hurleyguy182; 01-17-09 at 12:23 AM.
    01-17-09 12:02 AM
    Don't have Bolt...however...

Options>Advanced Options>Browser>then set your defaults to Bolt - if you can.
    01-17-09 12:04 AM
    thanks, but the only option i have there is "Internet Browser". Its never changed.
    01-17-09 12:17 AM
    Maybe future versions of Bolt or OS updates will rectify this issue.

If memory serves on my previous devices - I knew of no workaround for this issue. I used Opera Mini extensively andnever found a way to use that as my default (not to say there isn't a way).
    01-17-09 12:20 AM
    Maybe future versions of Bolt or OS updates will rectify this issue.

If memory serves on my previous devices - I knew of no workaround for this issue. I used Opera Mini extensively andnever found a way to use that as my default (not to say there isn't a way).
    Yeah I have never been able to ever change it. I was wondering if it was RIMs version of MS version of forcing everyone to use IE
    I never seen anything to change it from my 7107t, Curve and now Storm with all of the 3rd party browsers but I could not change the default internet browser.
    Since I am trying to change it to default but cannot either.
    Is it something that is on the browser itself or the OS software?
    01-17-09 01:13 AM
    I have a question.

how long did it take you guys to get in Beta? ive been waiting for whole day now and still havent recived any email about Bolt beta
    01-17-09 01:18 AM
    I got my beta invite in like 5 minutes. You could of signed yp when the system was down. Try to resign back up
    01-17-09 01:20 AM
    I have a question.

how long did it take you guys to get in Beta? ive been waiting for whole day now and still havent recived any email about Bolt beta
    They had issues earlier my earlier request at 0400 yesterday never went through. They had server overload problems and it came back up at 1600 hours yesterday.

I submitted a new request and it came back instantly. That was right when they came back up though. I know my friend requested again around 1900 hours and he got the request instantly.

I would say try again and see if you get an instant request. It should not take so long anymore to get the download link.

Hope that helps you out.
    01-17-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD