I've installed the Bolt browser and it's not working. What do you think the problem is?
    01-19-09 05:05 AM
    I've installed the Bolt browser and it's not working. What do you think the problem is?
    Perhaps you should elaborate what you mean by "not working" - does it start?
    01-19-09 05:07 AM
    Perhaps you should elaborate what you mean by "not working" - does it start?
    +1 with elaborating a bit more. Easier to help then.

Also look in the 3rd party apps forum and do a search there were some postings there. Also had some postings in some threads about issues with it.
    01-19-09 05:15 AM
    I'm assuming you're having a connectivity issue. Otherwise, elaborating might help

For starters, since you have a Storm, open Bolt, click on the BlackBerry menu key, and go to WIFI. Since the Storm doesn't have wifi capabilities, make sure that wifi is disabled. That way it will use your data plan to connect, rather than the non-existent Storm wifi.
    01-19-09 05:18 AM
    I have been using Bolt for about 24 hours and the rendering is absoloutely awsesome compared to the native browser; however, the one thing so far that I don't like is the hardware "back" key does not work while using Bolt, reqwuiring a couple of extra steps to get to previous viewed pages. Other than this it seems to be a pretty nice program.
    01-19-09 07:05 AM
    Mine works fine. The only issue I have is that it messed up the SURETYPE keyboard. Some letters show up some doesn't. I am planning on uninstalling it.
    01-19-09 08:31 AM
    Mine is weird. It'll work, then it wont. It gets stuck at 20%. Not a biggie though. Still in Beta, and I have two other browsers I can use.
    01-19-09 09:35 PM
    wifi? where did you guys download the bolt app at? i want it!
    01-20-09 12:49 AM
    Explain more. Why doesn't it work? What issues is it having?

I had mines for a few days without any issues. I use it all the time for the internet and it's a cross between BB Browser and Opera.
    01-20-09 06:38 AM
    Problem is that the Bolt browser sucks! I deleted it after less than one days use!
    01-20-09 06:42 AM
    Problem is that the Bolt browser sucks! I deleted it after less than one days use!
    Its fast, faster than any other browser out there. It is a beta remember that and I do not completely agree at all with you as it sucks. But it does need some work and if you played with it you get use to it but it is fast that is what I care about.

However it does need some work and they do need to update it for the Storm UI and Touch UI for it to be effective.

Guess only time will tell.
    01-20-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD