This update makes it really fast. There is also a new menu interface. The only bad thing is you still only have to tap the link. I can't wait until you have to click the link.
    02-16-09 04:31 AM
    Is this much faster than the original BB browser? I was contemplating getting this if there is a huge improvement.

Cheers
    02-16-09 04:40 AM
    Bolt is light years faster than the default browser. There is no harm in having this on your phone as well. Its not made for the storm but its simple enough to navigate. It should have compatibility mode off by default if you get it.
    02-16-09 04:49 AM
    When was this update released? I DLed Bolt Saturday
    02-16-09 05:10 AM
    Looking forward to having Bolt and Opera Mini optimized for the Storm and compared head to head. Even if they're close, I have to think the sync option with Opera will give it the nod on my phone. Still...nice to have options.
    02-16-09 07:46 AM
    I'm on version 8.3, what's the easiest way to upgrade?

EDIT: Never mind, as i started browsing it prompted me to upgrade.

EDIT2: I give up on bolt (for now), it's an issue every time I try to download. "Download failed. 907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable"
    Last edited by BeLogical; 02-16-09 at 08:08 AM.
    02-16-09 08:04 AM
    Does this new version give you a way to organize bookmarks into folders/groupings? Never did find that option in .83. No sense in downloading .86 if they haven't incorporated that feature.
    02-16-09 08:29 AM
    Does this new version give you a way to organize bookmarks into folders/groupings? Never did find that option in .83. No sense in downloading .86 if they haven't incorporated that feature.
    It's the same look.

But wow it is fast!!!!!!!!!!!! Really fast!
    And the logo on the app button is nice and crystal clear!

But. . . . it still asks for permission with every move it makes and it won't download OTA items!

When I use Opera it directs me to the BB browser and I download the app from there. With Bolt it directs me to the BB browser just to see the file as if I double clicked on OTA link from a pc.

Oh well.
    02-16-09 08:48 AM
    Speed is only part of the equation IMO. A browser...even one for a handheld...needs to have bookmark organization and either sync or the ability to import/export favorites. Until Bolt comes through on that there's little chance of it becoming my choice over the Opera Mini.
    02-16-09 09:39 AM
    I feel discriminated against. I have the closed beta version, 0.83. However, I don't see a way to DL 0.86 from the site, which BTW still indicates a closed beta. I'm probably missing something simple. But what?
    02-16-09 10:02 AM
    go to google from withing the bolt browser. look at the bottom of the screen it shoudl indicate an update
    02-16-09 10:04 AM
    Bolt is by far the best browser I've used for Storm. Lightning fast (no pun intended) and fun as **** to use. I personally enjoy the fact that all you have to do is tap and not click all the way to enable a selection. Only update I'd like to see is once you select something, if you accidentally hit the wrong one, being able to cancel the selection immediately by hitting the back button once. Having to wait for the page to load and then go back kinda blows. Otherwise, love this thing. Esp the automatic updates.
    02-16-09 10:29 AM
    The release says, "...Streaming flash video capabilities..." This is not the case for BBs. Using BOLT will not allow you to view streaming flash content.
    02-16-09 10:34 AM
    Where I can find a download for this?
    02-16-09 11:29 AM
    Upgrade is auto prompted when you open the bolt browser
    02-16-09 11:43 AM
    Upgrade is auto prompted when you open the bolt browser
    +1 I opened up Bolt, clicked a link, and viola, .86!
    02-16-09 12:47 PM
    What changes occurred?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:59 PM
    The release says, "...Streaming flash video capabilities..." This is not the case for BBs. Using BOLT will not allow you to view streaming flash content.
    yes it does. you are incorrect. how about you check out youtube....
    02-16-09 03:53 PM
    yes it does. you are incorrect. how about you check out youtube....
    The youtube video might be a fake! I just tried going to WWE.com and it still says I need flash installed to view properly.

bummer.

Please post youtube video here in the thread.
    02-16-09 04:10 PM
    Bolt 86 not working very well on 103 OS. Seems slower than initial beta release and it often hangs at 20%.

02-16-09 06:07 PM
    I keep getting an error:
    910 Application authorization error
    WTF
    02-16-09 07:18 PM
    I keep getting an error:
    910 Application authorization error
    WTF
    Well...I just "T'ed" up the Dual Signed Build and it loaded. Restarting now. I'll report back when I know something. I'm out
    02-16-09 07:23 PM
    Still getting used to it. I am having trouble with clicking links. I just wish we could choose a different default so it would be more seamless with the BB OS, like for launchers and QL and such.
    02-16-09 08:54 PM
    I the 2 latest versions seem a little slower on mine. A few bugs seem to be worked out though. In 83 you couldn't look up a number and call ot and in 86 you can.

02-16-09 10:12 PM
    I cannot get the prompt to update to 0.86.
    02-17-09 07:37 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD