Bolt is awesome running on .109, by far the best browsing i have had.

Maybe its just .109 or maybe its just bolt but the browsing finally feels like safari on the old iphone.
    -faster
    -smooth
    -easy
    -user friendly

(notice how i said old, cause iphones are whack)
    03-01-09 07:40 PM
    I think opera mini still takes the cake.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 07:42 PM
    I think opera mini still takes the cake.

opera is for people who want a slow browser. its hard to use and its just annoying.

sweet lightsaber.
    03-01-09 07:46 PM
    I'm hoping that once they finish optimizing Bolt for the Storm it'll probably have flick scrolling. We all know it CAN be implemented (AP Mobile, WSJ, etc.) but it's just a matter of someone doing it.

Every upgrade has been a step in the right direction for this browser.
    03-01-09 08:01 PM
    I found bolt difficult to use.
    03-01-09 08:23 PM
    i hated bolt...back to Opera Mini
    03-01-09 08:29 PM
    Bolt is awesome running on .109, by far the best browsing i have had.

Maybe its just .109 or maybe its just bolt but the browsing finally feels like safari on the old iphone.

(notice how i said old, cause iphones are whack)

feels like the old iphone Wow! can't agree with you on that one. Wonder what you think of the 3g iphone.
    i personally prefer opera.. tried bolt wasn't impressed at all, op renders pages faster compare to bolt. Verizon3G
    Last edited by konstantine21; 03-01-09 at 09:09 PM.
    03-01-09 08:37 PM
    Bolt makes it annoying when you want to zoom into something. With Opera, you can actually double tap the screen just as you would with the default storm browser and it will zoom in.
    03-01-09 08:47 PM
    Bolt makes it annoying when you want to zoom into something. With Opera, you can actually double tap the screen just as you would with the default storm browser and it will zoom in.
    I personally think Opera is Crap unless they come out with a storm optimized version, too many sites it just doesn't render accurate...like mobile versions instead of full websites.

But I love Bolt, Just wished it worked on my BES servers so I could use it and still get corp. email. I am actually not on my BES right now because I prefer Bolt so much. Does this have something to do with the fact that the B-Berry version is not "signed". Or can it be that it is not BES friendly because BOLT uses another website to initially pull up web pages??? Maybe bolt will come out with a version that works on BES. Someone please comment to this, I have gotten no feedback here!!
    03-01-09 08:57 PM
    I wish Bolt allowed for clicking and I wish it didn't open a new window every time you have to input text. It's decent now but could be great.

03-01-09 09:01 PM
    Haven't tried Opera yet. Bolt is still not optimized for Storm IMHO. It drove me nuts when I would try to move around a page and it would open the dopey "zoom in" feature when I didn't want it to in split screen mode and then I couldn't get rid of it. Got tired of backing out of web pages only to go back in, try to scroll and "bang" dopey zoom again. I really liked the Bolt idea of opening "unsupported" media on a web page and Bolt would DL it to one of their servers and convert it to something I could view and then push it back to me. Only problem with that was, the conversions were creating files that were so compressed and degraded they were still virtually unwatchable.
    03-01-09 09:24 PM
    Opera Mini is great but not the best. Neither is Bolt, though. Together they would be amazing. Opera Mini may be the fastest but it is not amazing at rendering sites and the pictures in them. Ever notice some images further down the page that never load? Yeah, in Bolt they are loaded. Bolt has a more user-friendly atmosphere but Opera is quicker. I need someone to split the difference! Come on, Skyfire!
    03-01-09 09:56 PM
    Is Mozilla Fennec a WinMo exclusive or will it come to BB too?

Fennec looks sweet with a ton of cool features...
    03-01-09 10:56 PM
    Is Mozilla Fennec a WinMo exclusive or will it come to BB too?

Fennec looks sweet with a ton of cool features...
    Right now its only WinMo, but they would be dumb not to bring it to Blackberry, one of the biggest platforms out there.
    03-01-09 11:01 PM
    previous page is cached for when i want to go back; i don't need to wait for the browser to re-download the page i came from. and if i click something on accident, i can cancel that request instead of having to wait till the page loads, then have to go back (which, again, requires a re-request of the previous page).

haven't noticed bolt to be much faster than opera, but if it is, these issues kill productivity anyhow.

e
    03-01-09 11:27 PM
    opera is for people who want a slow browser. its hard to use and its just annoying.

sweet lightsaber.
    You're kidding right... coming from a curve I was very satisfied with the OEM browser on the Storm, but I installed Opera... on WAP sites it's faster than my computer and I have a T1 (ya ya.. shared with whoever else has Quest in my neighborhood...so what) ...

Opera is blistering fast for me on the Storm... but that is just me. It's totally anecdotal.
    03-01-09 11:54 PM
    same for me with opera. blazing fast. like anything you have to get used to it but i use it all the time with no problems. would be nice if they fine tuned it specifically for the storm but we'll see what comes of it. same with bolt. ive used it and have no complaints other than im more comfortable with opera.
    03-02-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD