I have paired my Storm with my MacBook Pro and the blue indicator light comes on after they are connected, but about 10 seconds later it disconnects. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
    01-07-09 09:40 PM
    No suggestions but I have the same issue w/ the pairing of my earpiece. As soon as I end a call, 10 secs later it disconnects.
    01-07-09 09:51 PM
    You both should try to re-pair with your devices.
    01-07-09 09:54 PM
    I think I'm having a similar problem with my Jawbone II. I thought the headset was the culprit. But, now I'm not so sure. I'll try to pair with my old Jabra to see if that gets disconnected too.
    01-07-09 09:55 PM
    Older model BlackBerries had a Bluetooth bug. If you disabled the Bluetooth Activity LED, the BlackBerry would be unable to maintain the connection. If any of you have disabled the LED (I know the OP said his was flashing), then try enabling it and see if that solves your problem.
    01-07-09 10:01 PM
    I just tried and it said "the device does not have the necessary services" that just doesn't make any sense to me. I thought bluetooth was the service and my phone had it
    01-07-09 10:12 PM
    Not all bluetooth devices are compatible with all BlackBerries. Plantronics, for example, has a compatibility guide on their website. It turns out the particular headset I had was not compatible with my 8830. That's one thing to check. Here's another, based on my experiences wtih a Freedom Keychain 2000 GPS.

After you have paired with the Blackberry, and with the Freedom Keychain 2000 turned ON, go to Manage Connections / Bluetooth Options / Keychain GPS 2000 / Menu / Device Properties / Menu / Refresh Service List.

You will first see the message: "Waiting for Keychain GPS 2000"

Watch closely. If next you see this message: "Unable to connect to Keychain GPS 2000" flash on the screen, turn the Keychain 2000 off and back on again and try again. You have to watch. The message will appear momentarily, then go away.

Once you have successfully refreshed the list, the blue light on the phone should start blinking.

Replace the references to Freedom Keychain with the comparable terms for your device and see if you find the same results.
    01-07-09 10:16 PM
    I only use my jabra bt headset when I'm driving and when I turn it on and speed dial a number I hear a sound in my bt headset but then it rings on the phone earpiece. I still have the connection arrows next to the bt icon and the led is still flashing blue. I never had a problem with my Curve.
    01-07-09 10:37 PM
    I have noticed a problem with my Jawbone that I just thought was random - It seems like i will make a call very successfully with the Jawbone and then five minutes later someone will call and the call does not go to the headset until I start pushing buttons. It will eventually connect and may or may not work on the next call.

I just got my replacement phone and I did not have this problem with my first phone. Do you think it is a hardware or software problem?

Thanks
    Katie
    01-07-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD