Does anyone know if you can envoke the voice dialing by pressing a button on your bluetooth? I have a jawbone and a jawbone II and have yet to get it to work. Seems like you have to hit the button on the side of the phone to get it to ask for a command. Thanks in advance for any advise.
    02-15-09 12:27 AM
    Each bluetooth is a tad different in how it activates voice dialing. My cheap little LG headset does it just by tapping the button. There are some headsets that require you push the button on it for a secondo r two before it will activate. I haven't used a jawbone in awhile so I cannot remember how it functioned.
    02-15-09 12:30 AM
    just click the jawbone... when it beeps... wait for her to say the magic words... I use Jawbone no problem every day... Use the BT dial all the time..
    02-15-09 12:48 AM
    just click the jawbone... when it beeps... wait for her to say the magic words... I use Jawbone no problem every day... Use the BT dial all the time..
    Is there another setting in the phone I'm missing? Any period of time you have to hold it down? Can't get either the I or II to work, must be missing something?
    02-15-09 01:21 AM
    just push it once...
    make it click then let go and one second later u should hear her...
    02-15-09 01:25 AM
    just push it once...
    make it click then let go and one second later u should hear her...
    Still a no go. Will try deleting the device and adding it again. Think it might be the stock verizon os build on it?
    02-15-09 01:31 AM
    Are you sure it's connected right? connection actually accepted and everything?
    02-15-09 01:34 AM
    Are you sure it's connected right? connection actually accepted and everything?
    Yes, it is connected. I can do the voice dialing if I hit the side button on the phone. I also can hear very clear when using either bluetooth but the other party complains that they can not hear me well at all and there is alot of static. Wonder if I just have a bad phone? Tried deleting both and adding only one back the II and still no joy.
    02-15-09 01:58 AM
    Called verizon, told them the issue, they said I can take it back to the store and exchange it. Going to do just that, will post results after.
    02-15-09 09:44 AM
    I said before-jawbone 2 nice looking light-terrible fit on ear and needs to touch your face to ensure it works right. Also expensive. It's clear most of the time. I use the phone's vioce dialing-but I think the rear button brought up prompts----anyway my cheaper Plantronics 222 is very good! I want to try that Blurant 3 super speaker phone. Probably get it in a couple weeks.
    02-15-09 09:51 AM
    I agree in a way, the fit needs lots of work, the II is so light and can move away form my face if I'm not careful. I had already purchased the II awhile ago. Saw the original ones out there for cheap, so thought I'd try that. Fit actually seems better, now to just get a phone with good BT and I should be set. I also agree Plantronics makes good products. Always have found them a excellent value. Just didnt like their high end one with noise cancelling that well. I'll also tell ya, I'm really digging this storm so far. Cant believe how good the texting is even with my big thumbs. So far really happy with it cept for this BT issue which i'm sure I'll get fixed.
    Last edited by netwerks1; 02-15-09 at 06:18 PM.
    02-15-09 10:00 AM
    To activate voice dialing on the Jawbone II, press and hold the top bottom (not side) until it beeps, then release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 10:20 AM
    I have a motorola like 800 or something and I just push the button and the voice command feature comes through my earpiece. I can do all of the stuff, check battery, call john doe, ect.
    02-15-09 10:22 AM
    You must have a bad JawBone because it works on mine, but i wish they could work on the fit of that thing because its terrible!!!
    02-15-09 10:26 AM
    No, its not a bad jawbone. I have two, a brand new original one and a older jawbone II. Both wont envoke the voice dialing but did fine on other phones. Think I just got a storm with a bad BT. Will find out tomorrow when I switch it out.
    02-15-09 06:03 PM
    It's the back button that you'll need to hold down until you hear the voice dial prompt.

02-15-09 06:17 PM
    I have a plantronics that my wife bought at Target. The sound and the fit on my ear are wonderful...but the voice dialing SUCKS...It never gets the right contact.
    02-15-09 06:31 PM
    To activate voice dialing on the Jawbone II, press and hold the top bottom (not side) until it beeps, then release.

Rupped, you are my fn hero!!! I've been trying to figure this out for months! Thanks!
    02-24-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD