I'm using my storm with a motorola H500, and when I hit the button to start VAD the "say a command" prompt (and all other prompts) is way over-modulated. The H500 used to be paired with my prior phone (a V3c Razr) and the only time anything like that happened was when the volume was too high. Turning it down doesn't seem to do anything.

Anyone else run into this?

The only other thing I can think of is I think the volume of the phone & the volume of the headset used to be seperate with the Razr, but now are not. I'm not 100% on that though.

It recognizes my commands fine, although sometimes I'm not sure it repeated what I said because of the distortion.

Calls sound find and the people on the other end seem to hear me fine.
    01-13-09 08:34 PM
    Doesn't seem to be specific to your headset, since I get the same thing on my Plantronics Discovery 925.
    01-13-09 08:49 PM
    I have the Jawbone & I love it but I can't understand the names when the system repeats it back to me either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:03 PM
    I just started using the Moto S9's with the Storm - haven't tried this with the BlueAnt yet. Going from music to the voicedialing prompts feels like it will blow my ear drum. haha Yes, the voice is was over modulated - very distorted. even at low volumes.
    01-13-09 09:22 PM
    I've had the same problem with all 3 of the Storms I've "been through". I'm hoping this gets fixed in later versions.

Has anyone noticed the garbled voice on .85 or .86??
    01-14-09 06:25 PM
    Ditto here - same problems as the OP. VA works, but names repeated back can barely be understood. I'm on a older Jabra; don't know the model number.
    01-14-09 06:30 PM
    distorted and fuzzy on my Jawbone too. OS .75.
    01-14-09 07:34 PM
    Mine did the same with the HT700, however, when I was required to do a hard reset, the over mod stopped. Who knows..
    01-14-09 08:16 PM
    Mine garbles the prompts, but the names are ok

01-14-09 08:43 PM
    When I use my mono (play station) ear piece the voice dial sounds fine. But when I use my Motorola s9-HD's it sounds distorted.

01-14-09 08:43 PM
    Just think of it as a thick accent (lol). I have the same problem. It is fine on my Jabra BT-530 headset but illegible on my Moto t-505 speakerphone.. I gave up worrying about it. I know what it is saying. So, I let it garble and I still get my voice dialing. I see this as a minor but annoying issue. Nothing I can't live with. 73
    01-14-09 09:10 PM
    Just got a new storm and paired my Jawbone (original) to it and the voice dial prompts SUCK! I can't understand them at all. Once the call is placed, however the conversation is clear as a bell.

-It appears there is no fix for this????? I use it a lot and this is a HUGE disappointment.

Anyone know if .90 has the same issue?
    01-24-09 04:18 PM
    It's with all phones I'm guessing. I have 4 bt devices and VAD acts the same with all of them
    01-24-09 04:52 PM
    same here with my motorolla bluetooth dj headphones. lol at least i know what it should be saying
    01-24-09 05:06 PM
    Ahh ... Nice to see I'm not alone on this with this. Maybe I was dreaming but I could have sworn it sounded right prior to .75 ... But that update came so quickly after release that I can't be sure.

01-24-09 05:11 PM
    i dont have this problem. i have used the moto s9 and currently the blackberry hs 655. are you just turning down the volume on the headset or the playback volume?
    01-24-09 05:12 PM
    +1 Mine is a Plantronics Discovery 925 and I am on my 3rd Storm... It has happened with all versions of the OS... Hopefully they will fix it.
    01-24-09 06:06 PM
    It's with all phones I'm guessing. I have 4 bt devices and VAD acts the same with all of them
    Respectfully disagree........my phone prior to this BB was a Samsung U740 on Verizon and the VAD was crystal clear and worked very well with this Jawbone
    01-24-09 07:42 PM
    I think kuroshio meant all Storms by "all phones" and not specific to a particular Storm (i.e. it's not a hardware problem). I notice this on my Jawbone (original) and on every version of the OS so far. The one thing I haven't done yet is play with the sound/voice enhancement options or the echo control in the phone/Bluetooth options yet.
    01-24-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD