I find it really annoying that i have to be paired with a device to send something... i would like to be able to go to a picture, send via bluetooth, search for bluetooth and send to one that shows up (even if both have to do a password there and then thats fine) but u need to be paired with the other device then send it....

...also... when someone wants to send something to me i have to select "listen for devices" i dont want to listen... if my bluetooth is on then it should find me.

i hope someone says this can all be fixed in the settings but i have found nothing.
    01-02-09 10:20 AM
    Nothing new, Bluetooth technology has always required you to pair.
    01-02-09 11:09 AM
    Pairing is fundamental with BlueTooth. That's where the security comes from. This is not an option.

However, you can send via e-mail, MMS, remote access (have to have the PC you're sending to setup) etc...
    01-02-09 11:17 AM
    Security! Pairing devices is essential to having a secure connection and not ending up with a virus or something.
    01-02-09 11:24 AM
    My N95 did not require me to pair with everything... u could just sent a picture and it would ask the other device if this was ok. This is a step backwards for bluetooth
    01-03-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD