Has anyone come across instances of their bluetooth devices locking up the blackberry w/ a white screen displaying "initializing, please wait...." I've had to do a batt pull about once every 4 times i try to use bluetooth. It also seems to have a preference for the device to be unlocked when using bluetooth. This has happened to me on 2 separate headsets now. Is there a sequence of events i should be doing to get this to work?
    01-21-09 11:58 AM
    i use a bluetooth speaker phone in my car that plugs into my FM frequency because i have too much trouble shifting and phoning simulatenously. i noticed that if i hit the call button (which activates the voice call screen, which is the white screen you talk about where it says "initializing, please wait...") it won't work if the phone is locked. but i have never had it freeze on that screen or require any type of reboot. hope you find a fix.
    01-21-09 12:54 PM
    Check your memory. If you have alot of apps running when trying to connect that may be your issue...
    01-21-09 12:56 PM
    ah hah - so you have to have it unlocked - which is strange b/c if it's sitting in your pocket - you want it locked. when it's ringing in your pocket while driving you should haven't dig it out, hit unlock, and then engage the headset. i don't think i was running that many apps - then again - the browser sometimes kicks around even if i close it out, but that's the only thing i can think of; so i'm still not sure on the freezing issue.
    01-21-09 01:18 PM
    Go to options/memory and look at you Application memory - Free Space

If this number is low (some people say under 20MB - 10MB), you should free up some space and/or do a batter pull. It may help the freezing issue.
    01-21-09 01:23 PM
    I had this happen with .86 OS release. Had to wipe and rebuild. Went back to .75 sorry to say. But I can't have this.
    01-21-09 04:26 PM
    Just had this happen to me for the first time. I was transfering some files via bluetooth to my computer form my Storm and it locked up on me.
    01-21-09 04:30 PM
    I'm on .75 and this has been happening to me quite a lot recently. Every so often power cycling the headset resets this.
    01-21-09 04:38 PM
    .90 seems to play better w/ bluetooth
    02-01-09 07:17 PM
    My BT works just fine with .75, in fact my Storm is always locked and asleep in my magnetic pouch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:23 PM
    My BT works just fine with .75, in fact my Storm is always locked and asleep in my magnetic pouch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

What earpiece are you using?
    02-10-09 08:54 PM
    Mine does the same thing. I am using the Aliph Jawbone 1. I can use it one time and if i want to use it again, i have to do a battery pull. I am using the .75 original version and show over 30mb RAM.
    03-01-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD