02-20-09 05:23 PM
49 12
tools
    I've been using the LG HBM 760 and it's been the most comfortable bluetooth headset I've owned. I've had 3 other bluetooth headsets and they either do not fit my ears or the sound quality was bad. With these LG headset, I forget that I have them on, they're very lightweight and small. I can be on the phone for hours and no pain. I love them.
    Nathalie: the original poster was looking for input on stereo BT headsets. It looks like the LGs are a single, mono set. It looks like a nice set though.
    01-26-09 02:06 AM
    I purchased the Motorola S9 and they lasted less the a week then died. I noticed that many people were posting the same issues on the internet about these headphones. I returned them if they have fixed the problem I would recommend them they were great while they lasted.
    01-26-09 10:16 AM
    I actually have the Motorola S805 bluetooth headphones and they work great with the Storm
    01-26-09 06:07 PM
    I have both the jabra jb200 and the plantronics 855.

The problem I had with the jb-200 is that they don't support voice dialing. Connection cutouts also are more frequent than with the Plantronics, but this depends on body "architecture," activity, etc.
    01-26-09 07:57 PM
    i have a pair of lg bluetooth headsets they are very comfortable and sound decent
    01-27-09 12:42 AM
    I have a pair of the LG ones as well. Do you guys notice like distortion on the treble for music? Especially on rock stuff, I get a ton of distortion on the hi-hats and cymbals on percussion. Anyone else notice that? Is it just because I'm a musician who's freaking deaf playing everything with the volume too loud?
    01-27-09 12:48 AM
    I currently have a pair of Sony DR-BT50 (had a couple of bestbuy gift cards to use up), so far everything works fine. you cant have gigantic ears unfortunately since the ear covers are a little smaller than most of my friends (though they fit my head perfectly fine)... ive had no problems with them, pretty good sound quality. I can pause, skip tracks, and change the volume without touching my BB

CNet specs: google dr-bt50 specs, should be first link (cant post links... :-X)
    01-27-09 03:34 AM
    Anyone with good experience with bluetooth headphones? I would like a pair that doesnt suck **** compared to a decent pair of real headphones. I dont need anything equivalent to a $300 pair but something that at least sounds like a pair of audio-technicas or something. I would especially love to hear from people who own or have owned more then one pair to see their comparisons. I would really love to move away from the wired world. Also, obviously I would love to hear how well they work with the storm.
    I have used Plantronics Voyager 855 since December and I find them to be loud and clear when on the phone or with the media player. I think they are better and more comfortable then S9 (used them for a week).
    01-27-09 03:34 AM
    I wanna throw another bit out there for the motorola s805's
    They're nice and comfortable. And the sound quality is good.
    Volume could use to be a touch louder but that's my fault for all those years of listening to things at full blast (stereo's, concerts, etc..)
    But they have all the controls you need , plus call capability as well. so they dual purpose as DJ-Style headphones and a headset.

The manual states they last for 17 hours of playtime, which is pretty close. I think i clocked around 15 before i had to charge mine the first time.

I have tried some samsung over ear behind head style, the sound was decent at best, but i also couldn't wear them because they were too small for my head and would pull on my ears till they hurt. So i switched to the Motorola S9-HD's and those sounded ok too, didn't like the "special effects" that the headphones put on the audio though. and again the same problem, just had to yank to get them over my ear, then they would barely even sit in there because of the strain, so those went back, and i found the motorola cans online and they've been great!

I use them to work out with every day. They also have a standard headphone port as backup in case you use them with something that doesn't have bluetooth or you forget to charge them for a few weeks.

For flat out quality i'd have to go with my sennheiser px150's they do beat the motorola's in the quality department, but then again i paid a lot more and they have active noise canceling. but they are definitely not a "workout" headphone.

I hope this helps give you some insight

-Wayne
    01-27-09 07:30 AM
    I'm going to stop by the sony store tomorrow and buy the Sony DRBT50 ones to try em out. I bought a pair of lg bluetooth wraparound headphone today to try em and they look like **** on your head and the sound is very dull and muted. Will report back about the sony's. I also made a decision to just buy every stereo bluetooth headset I could find to find whats best for me. There just arent enough reviews around the web to make a solid decision. I will be abusing return and exchange policies to the max.

Also, its great to see so much responce from people about this, I wasn't expecting many replies
    01-27-09 06:43 PM
    just bought sony's BT50 and BT21 will report back for everyone after using each ones for a few days. Hooray liberal exchange policies.
    01-28-09 01:03 PM
    My answer would depend on whether your emphasis is listening to music or talking on the phone.

I've had two Moto S9 - OK but too quiet and they break too easily (particularly they get damp from sweat/workout). also, for factor when traveling is a pain - get's mangled easily in the bag.

My favorite for music is Iqua BHS-801 Silver Stereo Headset - they have a 3.5mm audio jack so you can used their earbuds or your own. They are cheap - I bought mine from DataVision in NY for $12.99 on sale (they are now $16.99). I bought a couple so I always have one charged (looks like a usb key with miniUSB connector for charging). it sounds amazingly good for the price - I pair mine with SONY MDRED21LP earbuds that are, in my opinion the best earbud buy for the buck - I've been using them for 10 years and their price is between $10-20 so losing them, mangling them is not an issue. Cord is a little long for how the Iqua works and the earbuds that come with it aren't too bad either.

For talking, I've never found the perfect set but I'm using a Moto H710 - which is pretty good - I particularly like the swing out mic that turns it on and off and it is easy to voice dial

in the car - a Moto T505 is pretty good if your car stereo doesn't do bluetooth
    01-28-09 02:51 PM
    just bought sony's BT50 and BT21 will report back for everyone after using each ones for a few days. Hooray liberal exchange policies.
    I am interested in your pending review for these headphones on the storm. One of he amazon reviews for the BT21 indicates you need A2DP (advanced audio) Bluetooth profile inorder to get quality sound. Anyone aware if the Storm supports this?
    01-31-09 05:10 PM
    Hey Jones.. how you like those headphones?
    02-07-09 08:17 AM
    Hey Jones.. how you like those headphones?
    I'm in love with the BT50's. When connected they are lively and have a pretty crisp sound. I wouldnt advise it for those that need a thumping bass, but I prefer clarity so I quite like the sound (that isn't to say the bass isnt there, you get as much as you could expect out of a decent pair of studio headphones). I wouldnt call myself an audiophile but I do own about 8 pairs of studio/dj heaphones of varying price ($40 - $150) and these have one of my favorite sounds. Unlike some of the other bluetooth headphones I tried these are just about the only ones where I couldn't listen on full volume, which is a big plus cause I like to listen loud, the LG headphones especially sucked, I couldnt hear anything clearly when I was on the subway. If you want a great bluetooth music listening experince, these suckers are it. I can't tell how long the battery lasts cause they havent died on me yet but its a while, I only charge every 2 or 3 days and I listen around 2-4 hours a day. There are some gives though. First, the mic is worthless, the shape and position of the headphones make it pretty hard to use it as a headset, but thats not to speak of a lack of quality, just a fault of design. It can be used but I wouldn't count on comfortable long winded chats. The second problem is the size of the cups. These arent huge headphones so if you have big ears you are out of luck with these suckers. Lucky for me, I have small ears and these things fit me very comfortably, I've worn them for over 3 hours at a time without any discomfort at all, which I can't say for some other similarly styled headphones. As far as connection quality, I found them solid for very long distances but they still cut out every once in a while, but thats more a fault of the technology. When at home or in certain parts of town (nyc) I have no cut outs at all but in others they go out constantly. Interference from routers and other cellphones and who knows what else. Specifically there are a few spots on my walk home where they almost always so out for a few secs, so I can def say its not the devices. I walk all around at home and never lose my connection even if i leave my phone by my bed. Did I mention yet how totally sexy these look in person? The photos dont do them justice, they are beautiful. I think thats enough I suppose but I can answer any questions if you have any.

As far as the bt21's they were good and reasonably comfy but I'd take the bt50 any day, only about a ~$50 dif. on amazon, but if you're self conscious about big headphones then get the smaller ones. I'd say more about the bt21's but I used them for a day and just could care less with the bt50's sitting right there.

Whatever you do don't buy the LG ones, they sucked in every way possible

I guess this wasnt really the review I planned but its enough I'm too lazy to do anything to make it more real. I'll just say these are a winner, and amazon has em for around $120-130 so its not even that bad a price.
    Last edited by InspecterJones; 02-09-09 at 11:34 PM.
    02-09-09 11:31 PM
    I also use the Moto S9s...great for music...just ok for voice calls...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 11:41 PM
    this might be off topic but i have a 2008 ford explorer and i cant get the bluetooth in my car to connect to the storm is there any software or something i can do to connect it??
    02-10-09 09:12 AM
    As far as the bt21's they were good and reasonably comfy but I'd take the bt50 any day, only about a ~$50 dif. on amazon, but if you're self conscious about big headphones then get the smaller ones. I'd say more about the bt21's but I used them for a day and just could care less with the bt50's sitting right there.
    Hey thanks for the thorough writeup.. Glad you are enjoying them.
    I was really hoping you would get into the BT21's since I am looking for a pair at the gym. Were the 21s as clear in terms of data connection, just probably lacking a little bit in the richness & bass? I just want to make sure the signal is not going to drop out and I also wanted to understand how easy it is to fiddle with the volume controls.
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    I also use the Moto S9s...great for music...just ok for voice calls...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How well do those work in the gym moving around / jogging etc?
    02-20-09 01:01 PM
    Anyone have experience with the newer Moto S9-HD? I've heard they improved on all the faults of the S9 especially the sweating issue.
    02-20-09 01:01 PM
    I have the Moto S9-HDs ... wear them in the gym alllll the time. (running & lifting) ... The only thing I'd say that sucks about them in the gym is if when you do exercises that require you to put your head against a bench or something ... since they are a behind the head design, you can't listen to music for that time period.

But other than that they are awesome. The sound quality is amazing; at least as good as my corded Bose earbuds (and i love those things too) ... the S9HDs pair very easily and keep their connection relatively well.

I haven't used them for phone calls as I have the Jawbone 2 ... but i'm guessing they wouldn't be all that great. Apparently you only get sound in one ear when you use them in phone mode.
    02-20-09 01:10 PM
    I have the Moto S9-HDs ... wear them in the gym alllll the time. (running & lifting) ... The only thing I'd say that sucks about them in the gym is if when you do exercises that require you to put your head against a bench or something ... since they are a behind the head design, you can't listen to music for that time period.

But other than that they are awesome. The sound quality is amazing; at least as good as my corded Bose earbuds (and i love those things too) ... the S9HDs pair very easily and keep their connection relatively well.

I haven't used them for phone calls as I have the Jawbone 2 ... but i'm guessing they wouldn't be all that great. Apparently you only get sound in one ear when you use them in phone mode.
    I hadn't thought about the behind the head thing while laying down on the bench. That's definitely something I'll have to consider before buying. Thanks!
    02-20-09 01:31 PM

The s9-HD takes phone calls in stereo mode so you get sound in both ears. The original s9 only played phone calls in one ear.
    02-20-09 02:50 PM
    Hey thanks for the thorough writeup.. Glad you are enjoying them.
    I was really hoping you would get into the BT21's since I am looking for a pair at the gym. Were the 21s as clear in terms of data connection, just probably lacking a little bit in the richness & bass? I just want to make sure the signal is not going to drop out and I also wanted to understand how easy it is to fiddle with the volume controls.
    I cant say for sure as I did not have them for an extended period of time but from what I saw the reception seemed to be on the same level as the BT50's which I found to be pretty fantasic, well, as fantastic as bluetooth can be anyway. Sound was good, not on the same level as the BT50's cause the drivers are smaller but its gonna have much better sound then most in-ear headphones, especially bluetooth ones. Just go to frys or j&r and get a pair and return em if you dont like em.
    02-20-09 05:23 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD