Anyone with good experience with bluetooth headphones? I would like a pair that doesnt suck **** compared to a decent pair of real headphones. I dont need anything equivalent to a $300 pair but something that at least sounds like a pair of audio-technicas or something. I would especially love to hear from people who own or have owned more then one pair to see their comparisons. I would really love to move away from the wired world. Also, obviously I would love to hear how well they work with the storm.
    12-18-08 05:28 PM
    as of late, I've been eye'n the

Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 $199
    Sony DR-BT140Q $99

and the Jaybird. But I'm not quite sure if these work with Blackberry Storm. I haven't seen any reviews on these, 'cept for the Jaybird. I'm always on the move and even in the gym more often. I hate to be carrying around several devices.
    12-18-08 05:43 PM
    as of late, I've been eye'n the

Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 $199
    Sony DR-BT140Q $99

and the Jaybird. But I'm not quite sure if these work with Blackberry Storm. I haven't seen any reviews on these, 'cept for the Jaybird. I'm always on the move and even in the gym more often. I hate to be carrying around several devices.
    Yea I saw one of them up at audiocubes.com as well as another pair of sonys which actually look a little bit better then the dr-bt140 mainly cause of the form factor. I saw something online about the jaybird too, but its just a shame that there isnt much out there about em. I would think with more and more players supporting bluetooth and more and more phones being used as media players there would be a growing market. I'm thinking about just plunking down some cash for the Sony DR-BT21G cause there are a few positive reviews by people on the site. Problem is I have no idea how well they would work with the storm.

They also have the Sony DR-BT50 which are like normal cans but bluetooth which seems like a decent choice also, I just dont know, without someone having a psitive report about one of them i'm weary of spending so much money

EDIT: I kind o didnt notice them before but the DR-BT50 really looks like something solid, I'm tempted to just buy em. Pretty much what I would want, full real headphones that are bluetooth.
    Last edited by InspecterJones; 12-18-08 at 06:38 PM.
    12-18-08 06:32 PM
    Where did you see a review for the Jaybirds?

Also, I saw CNET reviewed the Motorola S9 Bluetooth Active Headphones. They look pretty good, and seem like they would be okay. Anyone have experience with these?
    12-21-08 12:25 AM
    I love my S9's have had them over a year now... They sound great.. Took a bit to get used... But after a few days of getting them used to my ears.. they no longer hurt after an hour!
    12-21-08 01:03 AM
    I use MotoROKR S9, love 'em to death.
    12-30-08 08:12 PM
    I have the BT3030 DogTag from Jabra... I have it plugged into a pair of (believe it or not) XM Radio ear plugs from my Pioneer Inno.

They are comfy and sound fantastic.

I've used other ear plugs, and am eyeballing the Bose buds for about $80.
    12-30-08 08:21 PM
    Motorola S9's are great!! Price was good on e-bay too!
    12-30-08 08:50 PM
    I've posted in other similar threads: the S9s are great...so long as you don't sweat on them. Their "sweat resistant" claim is just plain false. I went through 3 pairs before giving up on them.

I just picked up a pair of Jaybird JB-200s and I'd say that the fit is better than my old S9s -- it's just more comfortable to have a flexible wire behind my head than the control/battery box on the S9's. These hold to my ears/head solidly -- they're not going anywhere unless I pull them off my ears.

Very good volume with my BB 8330 Curve. Too bad they don't stream the audio from movies...only music seems to stream so far. Still checking settings though.

I'll be testing their sweat-resistance this weekend in studio spin class. We'll see.
    01-23-09 02:10 AM
    I've posted in other similar threads: the S9s are great...so long as you don't sweat on them. Their "sweat resistant" claim is just plain false. I went through 3 pairs before giving up on them.

I just picked up a pair of Jaybird JB-200s and I'd say that the fit is better than my old S9s -- it's just more comfortable to have a flexible wire behind my head than the control/battery box on the S9's. These hold to my ears/head solidly -- they're not going anywhere unless I pull them off my ears.

Very good volume with my BB 8330 Curve. Too bad they don't stream the audio from movies...only music seems to stream so far. Still checking settings though.

I'll be testing their sweat-resistance this weekend in studio spin class. We'll see.
    can you put up a mini-review/impressions of the jaybirds?
    01-23-09 10:33 AM
    The Blue Ant Z9i or Z9 is a nice headset. Very small, light and comfortable. I would highly recommend it. Still, if you're looking for sound quality, you'll find wired to be a better option. The bluetooth sets I've tried sounded lifeless and "robotic". Much prefer to stay with my Shure E500's. FWIW, I played email tag with a Shure rep a few months ago about a bluetooth stereo offering from them. They're looking into it. No time frame though.
    01-23-09 10:51 AM
    The Blue Ant Z9i or Z9 is a nice headset. Very small, light and comfortable. I would highly recommend it. Still, if you're looking for sound quality, you'll find wired to be a better option. The bluetooth sets I've tried sounded lifeless and "robotic". Much prefer to stay with my Shure E500's. FWIW, I played email tag with a Shure rep a few months ago about a bluetooth stereo offering from them. They're looking into it. No time frame though.
    I'm using wired cans right now but its a pain cause they have a huge plug and the storm has it on the side so its awkward and impossible to keep in my pocket.
    01-23-09 11:10 AM
    I'm using wired cans right now but its a pain cause they have a huge plug and the storm has it on the side so its awkward and impossible to keep in my pocket.
    That's a real head scratcher isn't it? Why did they put the jack on the side knowing most would use a pocket carry? Strange choice. Anyway, there are several right angle adapters that can cut down on the profile just a bit. Will at least cut down on the stresses a bit. Might be worth a look. Then again if it's just convenience and not sound quality, I say go for the bluetooth solution. Personal pref I guess.
    01-23-09 11:13 AM
    One more vote for the S9.
    01-23-09 11:14 AM
    S9 here.. used it at the gym this morning.. I watched Transformers while running..the sound is great
    01-23-09 11:26 AM
    To those that have the S9, I just ordered mine and was reading that its great for calls. I don't believe it has a built in mic so I am wondering how this is achieved. Does anyone have any experience when receiving a call? Do you still have to talk to the mic on the phone with sound in head set or what?

On ebay they were 26.99. Saw them in Best Buy for $99, but I think it had a iPhone adapter.
    01-23-09 11:46 AM
    Jabra BT8010 bluetooth stereo
    01-23-09 12:04 PM
    I'm using the Jabra with a pair of Bose. Sounds great. The reviews I read for other bluetooth headphones just didn't meet my expectations. One said you shouldn't sweat in them...blah
    01-23-09 12:12 PM
    Blackberry 655+
    No problems, always connects

Purchased at FutureShop (Canada)
    $60 plus a $15 2 yr extended warranty so $75.00 total
    It was a limited quantity/limited time offer so not available any more

I am satisfied with the purchase, I filed the receipt so I look forward to it failing in about 13 months so I can get the promised “No Hassle” replacement.
    01-23-09 12:17 PM
    I've previously owned a Motorola H850 then it went up to the awesome Jabra JX20 Pura. Sound quality is awesome!!

Jabra, wireless and corded headsets for office-based and contact centre professionals, Bluetooth headsets and mobile music accessories
    01-23-09 12:25 PM
    @jrohland: you use them in the shower?!!! That's INSANE(ly cool)...I thought about doing that briefly...but chickened out because I didn't want to ruin my jb-200's.

For the rest: here's my review of the Jaybird jb-200 headset
    Last edited by Clymmer; 01-25-09 at 03:05 AM.
    01-25-09 02:59 AM
    For the S9 users: if any of you use your S9s while working out & getting sweaty...I'm curious to see how they're holding up. Again, I went through 3 of them (loved the local TigerDirect's return policy) over a summer and ended up giving up because the buttons kept frying.

Also, for phone calls, I thought the S9s were just fair or worse. After using an Aliph Jawbone -- every other bluetooth headset is just fair. The Jawbone noise cancellation rocks. I even had a conversation with someone while I was 30 yards from a speaker core at an outdoor rock concert. They said they could hear some noise in the background, but could hear my voice very clearly. I couldn't even hear myself at that time and I was feeling the bass thump in my chest. After that...I was sold on the Jawbone.
    01-25-09 03:03 AM
    I've mentioned these in HoFo a couple of times:
    Lubix NC1
    I've had these puppies for well over three years now, and pitted them against other BT stereo headsets (S9, BT3030, BT8010, JB100, Plantronics Voyager 855), and they came on top hands down. They're even better when you add Jabra ear gels for a solid fitment.
    01-25-09 03:55 AM
    I've been using the LG HBM 760 and it's been the most comfortable bluetooth headset I've owned. I've had 3 other bluetooth headsets and they either do not fit my ears or the sound quality was bad. With these LG headset, I forget that I have them on, they're very lightweight and small. I can be on the phone for hours and no pain. I love them.
    01-25-09 03:58 AM
    I Use moto H12.
    01-25-09 04:02 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD