OK, so I was helping someone on tmobile get to .591/643. upon battery pull we're getting "blockreadex: read failed"...

Anyone with any ideas?

Searched internetz... nothing doing.
    05-03-10 04:28 PM
    I don't recall seeing that before. My inclination would be to uninstall 591/hybred and be sure to clear any remnants from the Shared folder. Then reinstall and be careful with any shrinking.

Wipe the phone and reinstall. I assume you have a backup from the recent install.
    05-03-10 06:17 PM
    Yes we do have a backup. Thanks for the thoughts. It was the answer i expected, but hoped not for...

Thanks again!
    05-03-10 09:06 PM
    Resolved by wiping and reloading straight .591
    05-05-10 04:44 PM
    it won't reboot at all and i can't do anything to it with desktop manager until it turns on. sorry, i'm not very good at this stuff and don't understand most lingo. please help.
    05-08-10 08:47 PM
    it won't reboot at all and i can't do anything to it with desktop manager until it turns on. sorry, i'm not very good at this stuff and don't understand most lingo. please help.
    When you say it will not turn on do you mean that there is no evidence of any power on or that it will not boot up as normal? Does your screen light up or do you see an error message in the middle of the screen?
    05-08-10 10:06 PM
    First off, make sure the battery is charged by plugging it into the wall adapter for a few hours (make sure its the actual BlackBerry adapter - if the battery is completely drained, it may not charge with other adapters).

Next, if you are still having problems reloading the OS, take a look at this guide:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    05-09-10 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD