is there anyway i can block one person from texting me on my storm?
    02-10-09 04:19 PM
    There is only one way to do so and that is by adding Usage Controls feature through verizon wireless. The feature cost $5 a month and allows you to block certain numbers from texting you and or calling you. However i believe you must be on a Family share calling plan to even have access to adding the feature.
    02-10-09 04:24 PM
    thanks... i am on a family share plan but i thought there was just a way to block people with the blackberry
    02-10-09 04:30 PM
    What a bunch of bull****. I hope and pray Verizon goes bankrupt (I know it won't happen). $5/month to block some ******* from texting you? What a joke
    02-10-09 04:30 PM
    It is a feature, you pay for all features with Verizon. I am sure you knew that going into it, it is ALL OVER this forum. If you don't want to pay for it, don't get it. Pretty simple.
    02-10-09 05:08 PM
    Nice tattoo Twin13, extreme but nice!!!
    02-10-09 05:13 PM
    Nice tattoo Twin13, extreme but nice!!!
    Thanks man. Extreme, I have been called that before, and worse...haha. Not that extreme is a bad thing.
    02-10-09 05:43 PM
    is there anyway i can block one person from texting me on my storm?
    I just got a spam text from scumbags, weRmp3.com and Verizon blocked the number for me for free(I assume, they never mentioned cost). They said I can block up to 6 numbers. You do have to reblock them every 60 days though since that is the duration of the block.
    Last edited by fastfinger; 02-10-09 at 06:32 PM.
    02-10-09 06:27 PM
    sounds like someone needs to make an app for this...
    02-10-09 06:35 PM
    There is only one way to do so and that is by adding Usage Controls feature through verizon wireless. The feature cost $5 a month and allows you to block certain numbers from texting you and or calling you. However i believe you must be on a Family share calling plan to even have access to adding the feature.
    WRONG. and you don't need an app either.

Options > Security Options > Firewall

-Block incoming Messages > Except messages from > Contacts
    02-10-09 08:02 PM
    only text related stuff no calls on this menu
    02-10-09 08:44 PM
    WRONG. and you don't need an app either.

Options > Security Options > Firewall

-Block incoming Messages > Except messages from > Contacts
    So, I hope you stored that girls number in your phone when you gave her yours. If not, her texts will be BLOCKED! You just Rooster Blocked yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 09:13 PM
    I just got a spam text from scumbags, weRmp3.com and Verizon blocked the number for me for free(I assume, they never mentioned cost). They said I can block up to 6 numbers. You do have to reblock them every 60 days though since that is the duration of the block.
    I did as well so I went to their site to get a number to call and complain. They have a opt out:

We at weRmp3.com sincerely apologize if you have received an SMS test message to your mobile phone advertising our website, from another mobile phone, and have not opted into any such type of advertising. Our marketing vendor has guaranteed that all mobile number will only be "opt-in" numbers. But a few numbers will fall through the cracks. Again, for this we sincerely apologize.

Simply reply to the text message "STOP" and you will be removed
    02-10-09 09:33 PM
    only text related stuff no calls on this menu
    Maybe because the topic of this thread is "blocking texts"

So, I hope you stored that girls number in your phone when you gave her yours. If not, her texts will be BLOCKED! You just Rooster Blocked yourself.
    I don't give out my number, I get theirs. Game 101, brother.
    02-10-09 09:43 PM
    verizon controls do not work on blackberry i tried to add it, my sons crazy ex-girlfriend wont leave him alone....but it wont work.
    02-10-09 09:49 PM
    Maybe because the topic of this thread is "blocking texts"

I don't give out my number, I get theirs. Game 101, brother.
    True. That is one game I need no help in, Haha. The example didn't fit the other way around. Sorry.

02-10-09 09:53 PM
    I did as well so I went to their site to get a number to call and complain. They have a opt out:

We at weRmp3.com sincerely apologize if you have received an SMS test message to your mobile phone advertising our website, from another mobile phone, and have not opted into any such type of advertising. Our marketing vendor has guaranteed that all mobile number will only be "opt-in" numbers. But a few numbers will fall through the cracks. Again, for this we sincerely apologize.

Simply reply to the text message "STOP" and you will be removed
    This thing they are posting all over, blaming it on their advertising company is a lie. They even have a little cellphone icon on there website, and as they take you through the block procedure it's a trick, you end up having to sign up for their service. They know exactly what they are doing. I hope verizon sues them like that cruise company that had to pay them $200,000.

edit: I was considering using the BB firewall block but Verizon did a "premium text block" they said should take care of spam type texts. They did say because of the block I wouldn't be able to use my phone to vote on shows, like dancing with the stars etc.. which I don't intend to do anyway. If I get another spam text I try the BB firewall block of everyone not in my contact list..
    Last edited by fastfinger; 02-11-09 at 07:34 PM.
    02-11-09 07:03 PM
    Just received a text from wermp3 as well...

02-17-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD